16.

16.
mildly happy boys

▲▼▲

      Amara had joined the three others as they walked to Tondc.   They walked behind Clarke and Bellamy in silence. Amara had a hand wrapped around Chris's giving him some comfort.

     "Tell me about him. Finn." Amara asked hoping it would help Chris.

     "On the Ark, I would get picked on. On -- on Finn first day at the prison he got sent to solitary because he help me. He just wanted peace. First day on the ground he stopped John from killing a boy named Wells." Chris stumbled out. "But that war between us and them -- it changed him."

      "War always changes people." Amara stated. "For better or worse."

      "I just wish I could've gave him a proper goodbye." Chris frowned as he caught glimpse of the carriage holding Finn.

▲▼▲

     It was night and they had all set up camp. Chris was laying on his back looking at the starry night. Bellamy came over and laid down next to him.

     "Thinking about him too?" Bellamy asked causingChris to look over.

     "Remember when Clarke asked us if she could wish on those rockets we sent off?" Chris asked. "Raven just came and when we found her Clarke's face just -- broke when she realized Finn was her boyfriend. Then later when we sent off the rockets she asked us that question. If she could wish on the rockets. She wanted to wish for Finn."

      "Yeah I remember, how could I forget. That was the day I realized I was in love with you." Bellamy smiled as Chris turned on his side.

      "God I love you." Chris smiled back.

     "I love you too." Bellamy said giving Chris a short kiss before turning over falling asleep. Chris wrapped an arm around Bellamy pulling him closer before he looked up to the sky and a star flew by.

     "Please come back..."

▲▼▲

      As they reached the gates of Tondc, they disarmed. A Grounder went over to Amara seeing as though she wasn't disarming. He roughly grabbed her making Lexa yell out.

       "Don't touch her." Lexa growled at the man. She gave Amara a pleading look to put her weapons in the bin. Chris watched in confusion wondering why Lexa was protective of Amara.

      As they all entered people spoke out in their native tongue. Chris could tell nothing they were saying was now due to the angry yells.

     "What a nice place." Chris mumbled to no one in particular as they all walked.