09.

09.
the sickness

▲▼▲

     The sickness had gotten worse. Half the camp had been infected. Murphy had gotten better so he, Octavia, and Chris were helping the others.

     As Murphy gave one of the kids water he asked Chris a question. "Where'd you get the tattoos, you badass?"

     "Grounders wanted me as a canvas I guess." That was his usual excuse. He couldn't exactly tell them that he was destined to become a king.

     "As I said, you badass." Murphy laughed. Conner began to cough and John rushed over to him.

    "Hey, Murphy..." Octavia asked seeing Conner seize.

"Yeah?"

"Clarke says when that happens to roll him on his side." She informed as he nodded and turned him onto his side.

     A few minutes had gone by and Bellamy was taken into the ship.

     "Bell? No, clear some space." Octavia instructed Chris. Chris moved one of the bodies to make room.

      "Hey big brother." Octavia whispered 

     "I'm scared." Bellamys lip quivered. Chris couldn't hear the rest of the conversation because he had to help another one. Octavia soon left his side causing Chris to sneak over.

     "I thought Octavia told you to rest." Chris smiled down at the boy.

     "I couldn't till I saw you." Bellamy croaked.

   "I'm okay, love." Bellamy smiled a bit a the nickname. Chris brushed his fingers through his curly hair. "But you should rest. I'll be right here when you wake."

▲▼▲

    "Get the hell away from me." Chris heard Bellamy say. Chris sighed and made his way over to him.

"Bellamy, you're sick, okay? I'm just trying to help. Here." Murphy tried to hand Bellamy the cup.

"When I get better, if you're still here--" Bellamy threatened as Clarke and Chris came over.

"Hey, I got this. ." Chris  said to John. "Here you go love."

"You feeling better?" Bellamy asked Clarke as he saw Her approach.

"Yeah."

"That's good. You seen Octavia?" He asked.

"She was up all night helping people. Murphy gave her a break." Clarke said.

"Don't tell me you trust him now." Bellamy joked. Chris lightly swatted Bellamys arm causing him to playfully glare at the taller boy.

"Trust? No. I do believe in second chances, though." Clarke stated.