04.

04.
the black ink

▲▼▲

      Clarke pulled Christopher aside to the bottom level of the drop ship.

    "How are you feeling?" Clarke asked in a hushed voice once they were downstairs in the drop ship.

    "I feel fine. My neck feels kinda sore though." Once Chris said that Clarke looked down. "What's wrong?"

     "The Grounders who took you -- they gave you a tattoo." Clarke explained.

     "What do you mean?"

     "This morning, Bellamy said that you wrote a note in the dirt saying you were checking on the fog, but you never came back. You just got back to camp a few minutes ago." She stated pulling Chris over to a reflective part of the ship. "Look -- right on your neck. It wouldn't come off so it had to be permanent."

    Chris looked at the black ink on his neck and lightly touched it. "Why'd they put it on me..."

     "I'm not sure, but people are going to ask questions."

    "I'll come up with something, you should get back to Jasper."

▲▼▲

     The next day, someone found Wells Jaha dead. Everyone said it was Grounders, but they're were some holes that didn't make sense to Chris. Either way, now that someone had died so close to their camp it encouraged the kids to put up the wall faster.

     Chris and another were putting up part of the wall when Bellamy pulled him away into a tent.

     "What the hell?" Chris exclaimed once he regained his balance.

      Clarke undid the fabric showing everyone inside fingers and a knife. "Octavia and Jasper found these. This knife was made of metal from the dropship."

     "What do you mean?" Octavia didn't understand.

    "Who else knows about this?" Clarke demanded.

     "No one. We brought it straight here." Octavia responded.

      "Clarke?" Bellamy asked.

      "It means the Grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us."

     "So, there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper asked fearfully. Chris scoffed and spoke, "Yeah just what we need. A murder in camp. And an angry Clarke." Chris muttered the last sentence to himself, but Bellamy heard.

    "There's more than one murderer in this camp. This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet." Bellamy explained trying not to laugh at Chris's comment. Clarke tried to move to leave but he blocked her.