19.

19.

▲▼▲

Christopher whined as Amara tried to get him to wear his armor. For the past hour, Amara had been chasing Chris around their quarters trying to get him dressed for the meet between clans.

"Chris just put on the goddamn armor!" Amara let out a frustrated yell.

"No! That's uncomfortable and bulky." Chris protested. "Why can't I wear this?"

He motioned to his normal clothing. He wore an off white tank top under a blue-black shirt dressed with a black leather jacket. He had a deep brown jeans with his black boots. Amara just gave him a disappointed look. She then sighed realizing she would never be able to change his mind.

"Okay." She breathed out massaging her templates. "You can wear it, but just put on your crown."

"Okay, should we be moving?" Chris asked in confusion setting his crown on top of his head. He gathered his weapons and walked out of the room.

"Yes, Graham has our horses ready, he's waiting now." Amara stated following him. Soon the three were on their horses heading for Tondc.

"Okay, okay." Graham laughed. "I spy... something green."

"No, no that's not fair!" Chris whined. "This whole damn place if green!"

"The trees?" Amara asked giving it a chance.

"Yes." Graham smirked back at Chris. Chris' opened his mouth to speak but came up with nothing.

"I don't even know why I thought playing "I Spy" would pass time. All it's doing is getting everyone mad." Chris growled.

"No Chris, it's just because you're losing." Amara chuckled.

"I thought you were on my side?" He pouted as they reached Tondc.

"Oh, heihefa," Amara smiled widely as they entered the gates of Tondc. People were rushing around left and right to prepare the meeting between the clans. Amara opened her arms wide gesturing to the people, "There are no sides."

▲▼▲

Chris smiled at the young Commander as they walked up to each other.

"Chris, you made it." Lexa greeted with a small smile.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Chris stated as Amara and Graham came up.

"Amara, you're looking good." Lexa said.

"As are you." Amara said not daring to look at the Commander.

Lexa just stared, hoping that Amara would look at her, but after no luck lexa bid farewell. "Well I must get going to greet the others. It was great seeing you Chris."

"You too." Chris waved as Lexa left. "What was that about?" He asked Amara.

"Nothing." She brushed off walking away. Chris looked to Graham, but he just shrugged.

▲▼▲

For the next hour, Chris and Octavia played the game she had invented on one of their first days on earth. Soon Clarke came rushing in demanding for Lexa, and before he knew it, Chris was under a pile of rubble.

Images of what had happened flashed through Christopher' mind as he laid dying. It was so bright. The bomb.

Tears formed as gunshots and screams were heard. Chris didn't know what to do. He started to say words his subconscious told him.

"Bellamy..." Chris croaked out. Two concrete pillars were holding up a larger piece of stone, the end was resting on is legs. A whimper came out of his mouth as a gunshot was hers extremely close to him. Soon the gunshots stopped and all Chris heard was his deep breathing. "Bellamy..."

▲▼▲

Octavia rushed over to a pile of rocks searching for survivors. She and the other Seconds dug through rocks trying to find Chris. Amara and Graham had  minor injuries but they were worried for not just their king, but their friend. 

"Bell... amy..." was repeatedly heard under a large rock. Octavia yelled over to the others to help her.

"Graham! Amara! I think Chris is under here!" Octavia yelled causing every extra hand to help pull out the king. A stretcher was brought over as his body was dragged out.

"Is he going to be okay?" Amara asked Abby as she checked him.

"His pulse is weak, but it's getting better. Nothings broken, he's lost some blood, but with some rest I think he'll be back up in no time." Abby smiled reassuringly at Amara.

"Thank you doctor Griffin." Amara nodded as some took Chris away to heal.

Octavia followed as Jackson started to patch Chris up. He had passed out while they had been pulling him out of the rubble. Octavia gently took his hand feeling the coldness, as she heard him say things.

"...my damn... brother..." he slowly slurred in his sleep.

A timid little boy shook as he walked into the room. Looking left and right he tried to find someone recognizable. Unfortunately no one was there he recognized. Tears welled up in his eyes, but suddenly a man in white armor came to his rescue. Or at least thats how he remembered it.

In reality the man who saved the boy was Chris and he was no older than 12. The boy, John, looked up to Chris with sparkling eyes. Someone had come to save him, but John had been pulled back by a few kids.

Chris had been thrown to the ground as the children raided everything on John. He growled as he stood back up charging over to the bullies.

Chris tackled one, and punched another as he spoke, "Get off of him!"

Guards came running over to break up the fight. Before they could reach Chris jabbed another who was about to hit John.

"That's my damn brother!" Chris yelled kicking the boy off John. Guards had restrained Chris and he was being carried off to the Council.

A seamstress came over to John helping him pick up his belongings. John snatched a small metal keychain in the shape of a coyotes. His breath quickened as the lady gave him his clothing. Carefully John slipped on his shoes, watching the lady watch him.

"I'm Aurora. Where are your parents?" Aurora asked john. Seeing his sad face she asked another question. "Mom or dad?"

"Dad..." he answered knowing her question.

"I'll see f I can plead for your friend. Okay?" She asked rubbing Johns arm. John violently shook his head not wanting Chris to get floated or go to the Box. Aurora smiled at john and stood up to leave.

"I'll get him out, promise."

▲▼▲