Chapter 13

Hello my dear readers. First of all, I would like to apologize to all of you. I’M VERY VERY VERY SORRY FOR THIS EXTREMELY LATE UPLOAD. On the other hand, I do have explanations… to make it short; right now I’m in high school and in my senior year. We have so many activities, preparations for exams or prom, that I have almost no time at all for myself. On the bright side, school is almost done in about a month and a week, so after that, I’m all yours with this story! Thank you for sticking up with me with this story. I would really appreciate more if you readers can leave a comment or vote, since I took the time to leave you all this long-ass apology/message.

Once again I’m sorry for this late upload.

Chapter 13

A week has passed and somehow I’ve distanced myself from Nate. Now all my attention is on Michael. God, I sound like a bitch when I say that.

Today was the day for football tryouts. I was going to stay back in school with Vic and wait for her and her boyfriend. Not only them, but I’ll also be waiting for the guys as well, Vince, Michael and Nate. We all planed to go to my house, since it was a Friday and to just chill.

Finally, the last bell rang and I headed to my locker where the two hotties took out their gym back and their homework.

“Hey guys, ready for tryouts?” I asked both boys while opening my locker.

“Heck yeah, Macy! I can’t wait. I hope I get in, so all the ladies will come running after me.” Nate answered me and winked at me.

I just gave him a weird out look and told him: “Dude, girls already run after you and besides, I’m sure you’ll get in the team.” I told him the rest with a smile. He just smiled back and made my heart skip a beat, since it was a genuine one.

Then I looked at Michael who stayed quiet all along. “What about you, Michael? Aren’t you excited for the tryouts?” I asked him with a calmer voice.

For some reason, I can’t talk to Michael in a friendly way. Maybe it’s because I used to like him, so I can’t help but feel shy around him. I talk to Nate with no care in the world, but when it comes to Michael, my voice goes low and I talk to him with respect. Sometimes, I wish to change that, so we can be closer, but Michael talks to me the same way I do to him, which makes it difficult to talk to him with a friendly attitude. “Oh well, when time goes maybe things will be different…” I told myself.

“Yeah Macy, I am. Are you going to stay and watch us or are you going home to prepare for tonight?” he asked me.

“I’m gonna stay and watch y’all practice” I told him with a big smile and turned to my locker to get my books out. In the corner of my eye, I caught Michael making a small cute smile which also made my heart skip a beat.

“Boy, can’t these guys stop making my heart skip a beat?!” I asked myself with a sigh.

The three of us closed our lockers and headed toward Vic’s.

“Hey guys!” I told Victoria, Malcolm and Vince who were waiting for us.

“No time for heys, so let’s go!” Vince said and started to walk away towards the gym for the lockers.

I looked at my best friend wondering what was wrong with Vince, but she just shrugged me off.

We all headed towards the gym, where the guys went to the lockers and Vic and I went outside to sit in the bleachers.

“So hey Vic, do you know what’s wrong with Vince? He’s acting so grumpy and that is so not like him!” I told her with the cheerleader attitude which made her laugh.