Chapter 5

Happy reading…

Chapter 5

I arrive in class and see that everyone is standing up and most of them were all around the teacher’s desk.

"What’s going on?" I ask to no one in particular. I’m sure someone will answer me.

"Oh hey Macy. Remember our math teacher from last year?"

"Yeah, Mr. Charles. What about him, Tara?"

"Well since we are in AP math again this year and since we’re all the same students again this year, the principle decided that we will be with the same teacher again. So you know what this means right?"

"Of course. Pop Quiz every two weeks and we all have to sit in alphabetic orders again, don’t we?" I asked.

"Yeah, sucks. But this year the order will go from right to left and not from first desk in front of the class to the last one in the row. Anyways the plan of our seating is written on the black board. You just have to check what your number in the class’s list is. It’s right over there, on the teacher’s desk."

"Thanks Tara." I smile at her and head to the crowd of people who were trying to find their names on the list. Since Torrance comes in the last, I know that my name will appear somewhere in the ending of the attendance list.

[This is how it is written on the board, the seat’s numbers, but with a square around the numbers]:

1         2    3     4    5    6

7     8    9    10  11  12

13  14  15  16  17  18

19  20  21  22  23  24

[This is how last year, the seat numbers were written]:

1         5   9   13  17   21

2         6  10  14  18  22

3         7  11  15  19  23

4         8  12  16  20  24

[Hope you guys will all understand… if not please comment and I’ll clear it for you]

I look for my name on the list and see that I’m number 21. I look on the board and see that I will be sitting in the back.

" Yay" I sing in my head sarcastically and head to my place.

I’ve always sat in the back and it kind of annoys me. I’m not saying that last year I sat in the back, because I actually sat in front, it’s just that in math class, I feel like it’s kind of my own little bubble, since that’s the only class where I like to be on my own. I don’t know what there is about math, but I just don’t hate it like most kids. I don’t like it either, but at the same time, I prefer doing math works than any other school work. I’m not the best in math, but I’m not the most dumb either. I just feel like I can concentrate, when I do math. It kind of calms me down. I can’t believe I'm thinking about all these stuff…