Chapter 49

(guys i am SO SORRY for the late update. i mean...really late update. i feel awful about it, but i’ve just had a lot going on personally and have had bad writers block on top of that. if you do read, thank you so much and i hope you enjoy the chapter. if you do, please vote! i will update when this gets 3-5 comments. xx) 

Harry’s POV

There’s nothing better than this. Her lips are full and soft as she presses them against mine, her fingers tugging lightly at my hair. It’s all I’ve wanted. All I’ve craved. Her simplest touch against me is tantalizing, making me crave for more. I return the affection with every ounce of love and passion I could release. She pulls back slowly after a minute and gives me a small smile before placing small kisses all over my face.

“What are you doing?” I hum softly and release a low chuckle. 

“Kissing your bruises. Making them better...”

I don’t question as she continues to kiss my jawline, cheekbones, and forehead. Her motions are so soft and sweet, almost like a relaxing comfort. 

“Feel better?”

I can’t help but smile at how adorably caring she is even when she shouldn’t be. Her blue eyes are alive and glistening. 

*********

The next hour spent with her has probably been the best and most memorable yet. I’ve never seen her so open and engaged. Most importantly, her mood has significantly brightened. I studied her face and listened intently as she went on to tell me a wide variety of her favorite things, the places she wants to see, her hopes and dreams....the list goes on. 

She fits perfectly against me and I inhale the sweet smell of her hair and smile to myself. I’m shocked she’s even letting me do this. I brush her hair off her shoulder and kiss it softly, but she doesn’t tense. She seems to feel comfortable and that’s all that matters to me at this point. Her happiness is key. I’ll do anything to regain her trust or whatever amount she had built up before I shattered it. 

“I like when you hold me like this...”

She pushes her back further against me and tugs tighter on my arms, a light sigh escaping her. I make a mental note of that and kiss the back of her head.

“We can stay like this as long as you like.”

All the other shit that had been brewing in my head has nearly vanished due to her presence. I’m dead set on making things right with her. I want to see her happy and help her achieve her goals. I don’t want her to end up like me.

She turns to face me and I brush her hair behind her ear before kissing her softly.

“Were you serious about helping me?”

“Of course I was. It can’t be that hard to find a part time job. At least to start out, love.”

She told me it was important to talk about her anxiety instead of ignoring all that she’s been going through and it made me happy to know that she could confide in me. It was heartbreaking to hear her explain how frightened and alone she actually feels, even now. She wants to place herself on her feet, but doesn’t even know where to start. I’m going to do whatever I can to try and help her.

“Thank you...again. Not just for wanting to help me, but for helping me escape that hell back there.”

“No need to thank me, Em.”

“Also for wanting to start things over with us...”

I should be the one thanking her for that. My mind keeps wanting to reel backwards, reminding me of how badly I fucked up, but it’s time to put the past behind me. Behind us.