Chapter 41

(thanks so much for the reads and votes. are you guys excited for the midnight memories video? this should be interesting, haha. anyway, i hope you like the chapter! feedback is always highly appreciated. please vote/comment if you like.)

Harry’s POV

The thought of Emma being alone with Nora isn’t settling well with me. Lauren nearly has me pinned against the wall, the scent of her familiar perfume invigorating my senses.

“I’ve missed you a lot, you know.” She mutters lowly.

The warmth of her breath against my neck causes goosebumps to arise on every inch of my body.

“W-What are you doing.”

“Just standing here. Enjoying the company of your unexpected presence...” She winks.

Fuck. 

I rid my current thoughts as the vision of Emma appears clear as day in my mind.

“I can’t do this...” I push her back softly and shake my head.

“You’re right.” She sighs. “I’m sorry. Like I said, I’ve just really missed you, Harry. I knew you were here in the city of course, but I never really expected to bump into you this morning.” She confesses.

“Me either. We both have seemed to move on though, right? Where is that prick of a boyfriend of yours anyway?”

I can’t even stomach the thought of James showing his face here. I feel my temper starting to rise at the thought of it.

“Don’t call him that.” She stammers.

She can’t be serious.

“Are you honestly defending him after what he did?” I say as I point to my eye.

“It doesn’t even look that bad.”

“That’s not the fucking point, Lauren.”

“I just-”

“Do you know what he has put Emma through? Do you really want to know what I’ve witnessed today?”

I can’t help but get defensive when it comes to this shit. She has a right to know the real person she’s dealing with..

“He never even told me he had a sister...”

“Of course he didn’t.”

“I’m not sure I want to know. What he’s done I mean. He’s been so nice to me these past few weeks...”

“I’ll let him tell you himself because I sure as hell am not getting into that.”

She nods slowly and glances down at her feet.

“You never answered me. Where is he?”

“James should be here soon.” She says flatly.

“For everyone’s sake, make sure he stays away from Emma. Please.” I pry. “She wants nothing to do with him or any part of her fucked up family.”

“Alright I get it.”

I’m just hoping she’s starting to realize how big of an asshole he is.

“I hate to see you with someone like that.” I state truthfully.

She deserves someone who will treat her right and I don’t believe for a second that he’s been treating her the way I did. I watch as she pinches the bridge of her nose like she always did when she was about to cry.

“I don’t know what to think or say.”

A small, frustrated sigh escapes her and it takes everything I have not to pull her into my arms.