Chapter 32

(here’s chapter 32. sorry for the late reply. had a bit of writer’s block ): harry’s part is a bit short compared to emma’s and i’m sorry about that as well, but i just really wanted to get the chapter up. merry christmas eve and HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUIS! have a great holiday everyone! hope you all enjoy. please vote/comment if you like, i’d really appreciate it. xx)

Emma’s POV

It was never my intention to storm off, but I didn’t come out here and start over to be talked to like that. I may have a fucked up past but if there’s one thing I learned from it, it would be to not take shit from anyone. Of course in my case it’s easier said than done, but on rare occasions such as this I’m able to put my foot down and speak my mind. It makes me feel empowered whenever I’m able to stand up for myself. I wish I did it more often with people along the lines of Beth. Not Harry.

If there’s anything I know at all about myself, it’s my ability to read people. It has become a blessing and a curse depending on the situation. It sort of goes with how I’m constantly  putting the other person first. Well, mostly mentally anyway. If a topic is being discussed and I sense the other person getting flustered, I’ll either change the subject or try to figure out why. In Harry’s case I’ve gone with the latter. It makes perfect sense for him to have gotten upset about Liam, but the amount of sadness he portrayed was much more than that. Even if it’s not my business to know it’s something that’s going to weigh on my mind until I figure it out.

“You know nothing about me. None of it is your fucking business.”

He storms past me and leaves me with his deliciously toxic scent. I’ve realized now I’ve pushed him too far.

“I’m sorry...” I say loud enough in hopes that he will pause and turn back to me with welcoming arms. 

I really am. One thing I’m slowly beginning to notice about Harry is his sensitivity. He does pause and turn, but his demeanor isn’t welcoming in the slightest. 

“You’re sorry?” He snaps and quickly moves towards me again. 

I nod and gulp nervously at his overpowering presence engulfing me. The amount of anger steaming from him feels like a massive weight on my chest. 

“I-I didn’t want to make you mad. I’m really sorry for upsetting you. I didn’t mean to...” I do my best to dismiss to cry forming in my throat but of course it finds a way to escape. All I want right now is to be able to feel what I was while cuddled against his chest. 

A long sigh escapes him as I turn and wipe my eye, but am pulled back to feel his arms wrapped around me. The strength of his biceps hold me in place and in this moment nothing else seems to matter. Whatever anger I had towards him has vanished. I peer up at him and the sight of his playful smirk forms knots in my stomach.

“You’re frustrating as hell. You know that?”

“So you’re not mad?”

“I’m fucking pissed and could easily go on to punch a few walls, but what will me staying mad at you do?”

“I’d rather you not do that please...”

“Humor me then. What would you like to do?”

He’s asking the wrong person. I’m the most boring person I know.

“I’ve got no idea. Maybe find a spot to eat?”

I’m famished. The last bit of food I had was Anna’s eggs and bacon early this morning. 

“I’m up for whatever. As long as it’s not NYU I could care less.”

An awkward silence rises between us again on our journey to find food. It appears that we’ve developed a slight communication problem and I intend to resolve it. I’ll try my best, I guess. I don’t know what good it will do me. I’m starting to regret going after him know if I knew it would lead to this.