Chapter 3

As I walk my regular shortcut route through the huge campus, I start to see a familiar face. Heather.

"Hey! How've you been?" I state curiously.

"Pretty good haha. Going to bio. Which way is your class?"

"By the 1200's.Where's your next class?"

"Same way,let's walk together?"

"Sure." I smile.

It feels like it's been ages since I've seen Heather anywhere on campus. She's usually in Mrs.G's class doing homework, but I'm always too busy practicing piano in the chorus to stop by. We were really good friends in the beginning of the year. I accidentally stepped on her shoe and after she forgave me we just started to talk. It was all cool until my piano teacher started loading me up with so much piano homework every week. We just lost touch with eachother.

"So how's your highschool life going so far?" she asks.

"It's chaotic," I laugh. "I really wanted to start hanging out with you more, but I just never seem to have time you know?"

"Yeah, I totally understand. Eating lunch can be so time consuming,"she blandly says.

I'm not sure if she's joking with me or not. She's kidding right? I look at her for reassurance and she gives me a pale stare. I get a little worried that she thinks I'm ditching her for my lunch. Right as I'm about to explain myself she lightly pushes my shoulder.

"Hahaha you didn't think I was serious did you? You should've seen your face haha!" she laughs.

Feeling a bit relieved, I half laugh with her. Well that was quite a scare.

As we arrive to our classes just across the hall from eachother, I start to wonder why I never see her. I almost ask her, but then decide against it. I wave bye to her and swiftly turn around, not noticing Tyler standing above me with a rose in his hand. I bump into his arms and the rose tumbles to the floor.

"What the hell?! Watch where you're going nerd!" he yells.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to.. I.."

"You what? Save it loser. He doesn't need your apologies. Right Tyler?"

Ew. Stephanie. I never liked her..thinking she's sooo perfect with her expensive purses and stiletto high heels that click-clack down the school halls every morning. Not to mention that hideously perfect blonde hair she has that falls just above her belt.

"Actually, I got this special flower especially for you Stephanie, so I don't like that it even touched the floor. I want her to apologize to me for being so uncareful." Tyler rolls his eyes to me from Stephanie's green eyes.

Frozen in place, I quietly say, "I'm really sorry. I didn't see you there and.."

"Do we really have to do this? Just push her aside. She doesn't matter anyways. She's just a stupid.."

"Stephanie! Will you just be quiet for a minute? I want to hear what she has to say for herself."

Stephanie's smirk instantly fades away and she is about to argue back when the school bell goes off.

"We'll finish this tomorrow," Tyler mutters.

Well he obviously has a huge temper. I still think he's super cute and dreamy though. He even defended me from Stephanie! Well kind of..I guess. Well maybe not, but he's still my future husband. It slowly dawns on me that I was in Tyler's arms. I start to imagine what it would be like to be in Stephanie's position. Holding his hand every day and looking into his eyes.