Austin

Monday, November 13th 

Cambull High

12:45 p.m 

"Austin, I really think you should ask them about this" Brandon says as he holds his phone out for me to grab, but I don't. Instead I stare off towards the entrance of the lunchroom. I haven't talked to Camila since that day after school. I feel like I have to tell someone but she told me not to. "Austin seriously look at this" 

I face Brandon and watch as he has a video ready for me to watch. "Look at this and then try to tell me that there is nothing going on" I reluctantly grab the phone and play the video. Once the video starts, two figures come into view, more specifically it's Savannah and Jaden. 

"Okay. There is nothing going on" I say bluntly. Brandon kicks me under the lunch table. "What was that for?!"

"What do you mean there is nothing going on in this video? The past few days you haven't been yourself and I know for a fact that this looks like something more" 

"Savannah is allowed to be friends with a guy and who better than one of my best friends" 

Brandon does a low grunt and rolls his eyes knowing that I can see him. "Alright then, if you say so-" he drags the 'so' trying to get some reaction out of me but I trust Savannah. I'm the one who shouldn't be trusted. I kissed Camila after I told Savannah there was nothing going on between us. 

"What about you and your girlfriend?" I ask knowing he'd turn around, which he did. 

"I told you it was nothing serious. Don't ask about mine until you're sure you still have one"

Just as I open my mouth to say something, we're interrupted, by Savannah and her friends. "Hey babe" she says as she wraps her arms around my neck. Brandon scoffs at her name for me, but Savannah decides to ignore it. 

"Hey" I say casually trying to ignore the tension between Brandon and Savannah. He's never been like this, Brandon is normally the one who tries to stay out of drama but right now he seems like he's trying to cause it. 

"So Jaden and I were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us after school today" 

"No, I'm good. I actually have to catch up on a lot of work"

"You're not still mad about the other day, are you?" 

Staring into her eyes makes me feel even more guilty. "No. Not at all" her smile causes me to calm my nerves a bit. But not for long, feeling guilty reminded me of Camila. Now that I think about it, she wasn't in class today. I quickly search the room for her, but she is nowhere to be found. 

"Is something wrong?" Savannah's question interrupts my thoughts completely.

"No" I take a small pause to gather my thoughts completely. "Actually, Brandon and I would love to hang out with you two-"

"We would?!" Brandon interrupts me. I look at Brandon's phone in his hand and then back at Savannah. "Ohhhh- of course we would"

"Then it's settled. See you after school" I say as I gather my stuff.

"Wait-" Savannah grabs onto my shirt, stopping me from walking away. "Where are you going?"

"I need to get some work done at the library"

Where are you? I constantly thought to myself as I walked down all the hallways looking for any sign of Camila. But I saw nothing and that only made me feel worse. "Looking for someone?" I turn my head to see Chris standing at the end of the hallway.