Camila

Monday, December 4th

Camila's House

4:50 p.m

I twist open the cap to a brand new bottle. When I first started drinking it was difficult for me but at this point it's practically like drinking water. This is my second bottle of the day and probably not my last. As I walk towards the living room I feel my body sway side to side, I'm barely able to keep my balance when walking.

"I-I-I ca-can't b-be-believe Zack is leaving meeee" I slur my words out to no one since I'm the only one home. A knock on the door causes me to slightly jump and after many attempts I manage to open the door, only to reveal Austin Park himself standing on my front steps. "Hiiiii. You're not Zackkk"

"I'm not. And you're drunk" he says with a disgusted voice.

"And you're a fuccckkinggg asssssholeee" I say as I sway side to side. He just stares back at me in confusion. "Sowwrry I thought..weeee...were stating the obbbviousss" I try my best to stand but I feel my knees go weak at the worst moment possible. I closed my eyes, preparing myself for the pain I was going to feel when I hit the ground, but the pain nor the impact never happened. Instead I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist holding me close to a body. I open my eyes to see Austin's face right in front of mine. I felt my heart pounding against my chest and I was scared that Austin could feel it too.

"Maybe you should get some rest"

Austin gave me a piggy back ride up to my room. I got in my bed while he went to get me a cup of water. I can't believe Austin has to take care of me while I'm drunk! He walks in and sits at the edge of my bed next to me as he hands me the cup of water. I take a quick sip and put it on my night stand. As much as I tried to resist it, I eventually felt my eyes close shut.

**********

8:00 p.m

I wake up to the sound of my laptop ringing which gives me a horrible headache. I throw my legs over the edge of the bed and slowly walk towards the laptop. Just as I'm about to accept the call, the door to my room swings open.

"You're up" Austin says as he has a plate of pizza in his hands. I give a weak smile and answer Chris' call.

"Hey Cami- oh god you look horrible!" Chris says as he pretends to cover his eyes. I look at myself through the call and that's when I realize how bad I really look. I cover my face with a blanket that's hanging over my chair. "Cami I'm sorry I didn't mean it like-"

"I know what you meant" I say before he gets the chance to finish his sentence. "It's okay Chris...really."

"I'm sorry about Zack" he says all of a sudden.

"It's alright. As much fun we had going to parties, deep down we both knew the fun was just temporary. He has a life he had to get back to, while I was too busy running from mine" I say knowing Austin is sitting on my bed, but barely out of view of the call.

"Plus, he was too old for you"

"Shut up. It wasn't like that. He was a good friend. I mean sure he liked to flirt but it was all harmless"

"I barely met him this year but he was a good guy. I'm really going to miss him. I wish he didn't have to go back home"

"You don't even live here anymore"