Camila

Thursday, September 28th

Austin's House

5:00 p.m

I stand in front of a house that is unknown to me. Austin said he had to something after school but he still gave me his address. After a while of looking between the address on my phone and the address of the house, I walk up to the front door and knock. A woman with light brown hair opens the door. She has green emerald eyes.

"You must be Mrs. Park. I'm Camila Stein, Austin and I are working on a project together" I say politely as I stick my hand out. She shakes my hand with a smile.

"Honey we have to go or we're going to be-" a man says as he comes into view. He stops and stares at me when he sees me at the doorway. "Cool hair" he says causing me to laugh. 

"Come inside" Mrs. Park says as she moves to the side, allowing me to come into their home. 

"You have a lovely home" I say as I glance around the entrance of the house. 

"Thank you" she says, her smile never fading. "I'm sorry but Mr. Park and I have to get going, but make yourself at home" I nod and watch as they both exit the house in a hurry. The first room I see is the kitchen and decide to wait for Austin in there. I sit on a chair by the the island. I hear the front door open and slam shut as I sit there patiently hoping it's Austin. 

"Mom I'm ho-" I stand up from where I'm sitting pushing the chair back as soon as the guy comes into view.

"You!" we both yell in unison. 

I feel the tension in the room rise where the room could burst. The last time I saw this guy was at the party in the woods. He takes a step closer and I find myself unconsciously taking two steps backwards. His jaw clenches and I'm not sure whether I should run or if jumping out the window would be a better idea. 

"Look I'm not going to hurt you. That day in the woods...I wasn't in the right state of mind. I was beyond drunk and I was upset. I didn't mean to take it out on you" he says as he avoids eye contact with me but I stand my ground making sure he feels the burn of my gaze. 

What he did that day was wrong and I wanted to make sure he understood it. I watch as he opens his mouth to say something but no words come out. He just stands leaning on the sink. I carefully watch as he grabs a cup and fills it with water. He slowly approaches me and holds the cup out for me to take. I hesitantly grab it and hold it in my hand. I study his face as he waits for me to do something and that's when it clicks. I grip the cup and throw the water in his face. 

"Thank you" he says as he wipes the water off his face. I notice his platinum blond hair is now disheveled and a few strands land on his face, near his emerald green eyes. I didn't notice myself staring until he cleared his throat. "I'm Luke, Austin's older brother" 

"I'm Camila"

"What are you doing here?" he asks as he fixes his hair. 

"I'm suppose to be working on a project with Austin but he had something to do. He said it wouldn't take long" I glance around the room trying to avoid looking at him. 

"He's probably with Savannah" he rolls his eyes as he says her name. I can assume he doesn't like her. "Hey do you have a boyfriend?" he asks bluntly. I quickly turn to look at him with a raised eyebrow. "Chill, I'm just trying to start a conversation" he says as he raises his hands up in surrender. I laugh at his quick defense and a soft smile forms on his face. 

"Asshole" I say as I quickly stop laughing and turn away from him. 

"That's the Camila I know" he laughs. I join in on the laughter and before I know it I can't stop smiling. Our laughter fills the empty house. It's a contagious laughter that doesn't stop. 

**********

Austin's House

7:40 p.m

Luke and I have spent the last two hours talking and getting to know each other. Our first impressions of each other weren't the best but I'm glad we got a chance to start over. I glance down at my phone and see that it's almost eight. 

"I have to go" I say as I gather my stuff. I walk to the front door and Luke follows closely behind me. 

"Sorry that brother never showed up" he apologizes for Austin but I just shake my head in response. 

"It's fine" I walk out the door and bud good bye to Luke once last time. I walk home as fast as I can hoping to make it on time.

**********

Camila's House

8:00 p.m

After a few minutes of walking/running I can see my house come into view. I open the front door and lock it. I sprint up to my room and open my laptop. As soon as I turn it on a call comes through and I accept. 

"Helloooo" Chris says with a big smile on his face. 

"What has you in a good mood today?" I ask as I try to continue the laughter that threatens to spill. 

"Well I finally talked to the girl I like"

"Really?!" 

"Well yeah...it wasn't a flirty conversation but it's better than nothing" he says as he scratches the back of his neck. I smile but glance down at the the keyboard of my computer. 

"Hey what's wrong?" he asks with concern dripping from his voice. 

"My parents left this morning for a business. The worst part is they won't know when they'll be back"

"Do you want me to come over this weekend?" he asks without thinking twice. 

"No it's fine really. There is no need for you to make the ling trip over here" I say as I hold my hands up. He tries his best to look at me through his computer. His eyes studying my features for any evidence of me lying but he won't find anything, for I have mastered the skill of hiding the truth. 

The truth is what no one knows, except a few.