Camila

Thursday, December 7th 

Camila's House

5:30 p.m. 

"Austin!" I yell as I can't do anything but watch as Wilder throws a punch right at Austin's head. It knocks Austin off his feet and towards the ground giving Wilder the upper hand. Wilder grabs Austin's head as he tries to get up and brings it towards his knee knocking Austin out cold. I felt helpless watching as Wilder grabs Austin by his legs, dragging him towards the door. I quickly untie my other hand and tilt the chair over allowing me to reach under my bed and grab a hold of the bat I have hidden. 

"I'll be back babe" he says without looking at me. I stare at Austin waiting and hoping that he wakes up. Gripping the bat until my knuckles turn white in fear of the thought of Wilder getting away with everything once again. 

"Cami.." I hear Austin whisper low enough for only me to hear. If there is one thing I'm sure of is that all the clubbing and partying Wilder has done in his life has left his hearing damaged. 

Hearing him speak made me come to my senses and I rolled the bat towards Austin giving him the chance to grab it and swing at Wilder. He hits his legs and knocks Wilder to the ground. I go to untie my legs but I hear the loading of a gun. The sound causes me to freeze in fear, I've heard that sound many times before but someone always ended up dying every single time. I slowly raise my head to see Wilder pointing the gun right at Austin as they both stand face to face. Once had a bat and the other a gun. My eyes widen in fear as I analyze the situation quickly in my head. Wilder has a distance weapon while Austin has a close up weapon. In this situation Austin doesn't stand a chance if he even has one. 

"Drop it or I shoot you then her" Wilder threatens as he holds the gun tightly. "Game over Camila" 

Austin lets go of the bat letting it drop to the floor next to him. "Austin no..." I whisper as the only person with a chance of leaving safe and sound is Wilder. Without thinking I lunge towards the bat. 

"Camila no!" Austin yells as Wilder aims the gun at me. 

Austin uses this chance to lunge at Wilder, who shoots but misses and hits the window causing it to shatter. They both fall to the ground and making him drop the gun. I finish untying my feet and run towards the gun.

"You're not stronger then me" Wilder says as he continues to punch Austin on the face over and over again. Wilder grabs the bat ready to finish Austin off when the sounds of police sirens makes him stop. "You called the cops you asshole!" He yells as he punches Austin one last time, but Austin grabs onto his leg not allowing him to run out of my room. 

I bend down and as I reach for the gun I begin to think of all the times Wilder made me suffer. He ruined my life...

He ruined me. 

I grab the gun and it feels cold and heavy against my palm. The bruises I had on my body flash before my eyes..the pain I felt..

Everything is because of him. 

I lift the gun and shoot without any hesitation. The sound of the gunshot rings throughout the house and before I know it the police come barging into my house and into my room. 

Realization of what I just did finally hits me and I begin to feel dizzy and my knees buckle under me. My body begins to lose balance but then I feel someone catch me before I completely fall. 

"I got you" Austin says as he pulls me into his chest. 

What have I done...

__________

Sorry that this chapter is short. I'm not that good at writing action scenes. But I tried my best 🙏🏼

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS FAR!

One more chapter till the finale.