Camila

Friday, November 3rd

Austin's House

5:10 p.m

Austin opens the door to his house and let's me walk in first. The sound of the door closing behind us is the only sound in the house. I stop walking and let Austin walk ahead of me, until we stop at the kitchen.

"So do want anything to drink or eat?" He asks.

"Um water is fine" I say as I take as seat at the island. He hands me the glass of water and leans against the fridge.

"We should work in the project" I nod in agreement and finish up the water. I walk to place it in the sink and see Austin watching me. Once I turn to look at him he pushes himself off the fridge and walks out of the kitchen.

I've been in his house before, but only in the kitchen and living room. As I follow him to his room, I see all of the pictures of him and Luke from when they were little. They look like they could've been twins except Luke had green eyes and Austin had blue eyes. Both of there eyes were beautiful except in one picture while they were laying in the grass, Luke's eyes almost blended into the grass while Austin's eyes stood out. They seemed as blue as the ocean, both were endless and full of life.

"Welcome to my room" he says as he pats to a spot next to him on his bed. I quietly go and sit. "So how are we going to describe perspective as an aspect of life?"

"I was thinking we could use photos. For example, we see the world through our eyes but it seems like a whole different world when we see it through a camera lens" I say as Austin nods in agreement. I look around his room until my hazel eyes land on his blue ones. I wanted to look away but I saw the ocean I saw in the picture, I wanted to look at them and explore but the sound of a door slamming shut drew our attention away from each other. Austin quickly got up and walked to the top of the stairs. I followed him and from over his shoulder I saw Luke standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh great you're both here. We should al hang out in the basement" Luke says awkwardly.

"We were actually working on-" Austin began to say but Luke cut him off.

"C'mon let's go"

Austin turned to look at me and I just shrugged my shoulders. We both followed Luke to the basement. As soon as I walked down the stairs I was amazed at what I saw. There was a pool table, a big screen tv, a trampoline, and a small bar.

"Welcome to our home Camila" Luke said as he lifted his arms up in the air. He motioned for me to follow him and I did. We kept on walking until I found myself next to the pool table. "Let's play"

"Game on Park"

Not gonna lie, it had been a while since I had played pool but I wasn't going to lose that easily. After a while I had found my skills. It was almost as if I had never stopped playing to begin with. I missed the feeling of winning, except before it was practically a life or death situation.

"You beat me. Again" Luke said as he threw his stick on the table. "Maybe you should play against Austin. I'd like to see him lose at something for once" Luke and I both turned to see Austin sitting at the bar on his phone.

"Austin" I called out to him. He turned to look at us but didn't say a word. "Wanna play?" I asked as I held out one of the pool sticks.