Austin (Pt. 2)

Tuesday, December 5th

Cambull High

12:35 p.m

The air hits my face as I sit in a bench outside of the school. I wait on the bench hoping that I would get an idea of what I should do. Camila left, but I stayed here because of Savannah. The sound of laughter draws my attention to the other side of the parking lot and I watch as two figures disappear around the corner of the school. My curiosity getting the best of me, causes me to get up and follow and before I know it my feet are moving on their own. I find myself across the parking lot with my back against the corner.

"Seriously Jaden, get rid of this" I hear a familiar voice. A backpack lands next to me, but no one seems to notice me because they continue without interruption. I slowly peak around the corner to see Savannah and Jaden making out. To my luck I see Jaden's phone on the floor and slowly drag it towards me without them noticing.

"Of course he wouldn't have a password" I mutter under my breath to myself. I scroll through the phone hoping to see something about him and Savannah but to my luck I find a video. I press play and watch as two figures struggle against each other, one seems to be trying to fight off the other. Then they walk towards light and I see lilac hair...Camila. This is the video of her being assaulted. Quickly, I shut off the phone and that's when I notice that the backpack is open, not only that but I can see a photographs and a mask.

The guy in the video had a...clown mask.

I grab the photographs only to see my suspicions confirmed, they're of Camila.

The anger courses through my veins as I connect all of the pieces. Jaden is both Camila's stalker and the guy who assaulted her. He's been part of the reason as to why she's suffering. He's hurt her.

Without thinking anymore I walk up to him and pull him off of Savannah.

"Yo what the- Austin dude. I swear it's not what it-" he begins to say but before he can finish, I bring my elbow back and through a punch right at his jaw.

"Austin!" Savannah yells as she clings on to my arm, but i shake her off of me.

"I'm sorry" Jaden says as he wipes off a bit of blood from his face.

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me"

"What do you mean?" Jaden says confused. I watch as his eyes land on his bag and the mask and photographs on the floor. "Au-" he doesn't get to finish his sentence because I punched him again. This time hitting his cheek.

"Are you serious right now?! You're doing all of this because of Camila?! Well guess what she deserved what happened to her. I'm glad I convinced Jaden to do what he did!" Savannah yells at the top of her lungs as she stomps her right foot on the ground.

"So you're a part of this too?"

"What are you gonna do?" she says as she slowly walks closer to me, her nose almost touching mine. "Are you gonna punch me too?"

I instantly back away from her, creating space between us. "We're over."

"No! You don't get to do that!" she yells. By this time I already have my back turned to them both and almost around the corner when-

"Mr. Park, we have a lot to talk about" the principal said as he waved for me to follow him. I slightly turn my head only to see Savannah trying to help Jaden stand. It's now that I realize that I did more damage that I wanted to do but I didn't regret anything.

The sound of the door shutting behind me seems final. This is it, I've finally gotten on the principal's bad side. He's been on the phone for about ten minutes, at least. 

"Mr. Park, I cannot say that I expected you to sit in that chair. I always thought it'd be your brother there and you'd be the one standing beside him, like you always have. You know you're one of my favorite students, but Savannah's dad helps fund this school. Unfortunately I can't let you go with just a warning. So I'm going to suspend you"

I automatically stood up from the chair, pushing it back so hard that it almost tipped over. "What about Jaden? Isn't he getting any punishment?!" I know my anger is showing but I don't care at this point. "You know what he did to Camila!"

"We don't have any proof of that Austin. So please don't mention it to anyone else or there will be consequences" his voice goes low into almost a growl. He's clearly bothered that I had no reaction to his recent threat.

"Alright principal, so how long am I going to be suspended for?" I ask with a smile plastered on my face.

"Two days. You will be escorted outside of the school and you are to remain away from the school during your suspension."

With that being said I got up to see the security guard waiting for me outside of the room. As he promised, I was escorted out into the cold December air only to finally be able to take in everything that went down in this small amount of time.

——————

A/N:

I'm sooo sorry, I was suppose to release this chapter a while ago but stuff came up and I had to put it on hold.

But I'll try harder to get this book finished.