30

"What do you mean, appa?"  I asked my father who was still looking at the floor.

He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. He let out a shaky breath as he let go of my shoulders and turned his back towards me, "You can't end up like me. You need to find your way back."

He started walking down the hallway, a bright light illuminating where the doors would be, "Wait appa! What do you mean?! What happened to me?!" I tried to stop him from advancing, but with one last loving look, he yanked his arm out of my grip and disappeared into the bright light.

"Excuse us! Emergency, please move!" A huge commotion was going on behind me, and I whipped around in time for a team of doctors and nurses to run right through me, as if I was air.

       I turned around to lead my eyes to where they were going. They went right into the O.R. and before the door closed, I saw them rush into a surgery room. My surgery room. I took after them, following through the O.R. doors and rushed into the surgery room, only to see total chaos. The nurses are rushing to prepare a defibrillator, and doctors are taking turns trying to resuscitate me. I looked at the heart monitor and saw it was a flat line. I panicked and tried to grab one of the nurses that was rushing by me, but of course my hands still slipped right through.

       I couldn't control the sob that came out, instantly thinking of Jungkook and my family, and everybody else that I love. Is this really happening? I need to get back into my body. But something is keeping me from entering my body. Like some invisible string that is tugging on my heart. How do I get back into my body? I need to be alive right now!

"Please let me go! MI-CHA! I NEED TO SEE HER!" I heard yells coming from the hallway.

I looked through the window on the door ad saw Jungkook struggling against the security guards. I put my hand against the window as a tear escaped my eye, "Please don't let him see me." I whispered to myself. How I wish the doctors could hear me right now.

"One! Two! Three! Shock!" A doctor yelled behind me.

I slowly turned back around, my blurry vision preventing me from seeing if it worked or not. The one spark of hope I had was a sudden pain in my chest, as if my heart wanted to beat again. I took a deep breath and went to stand next to the doctor who was administering the shock. "Please keep going! I can make it!"

"Doctor, we've been trying to get a pulse for fifteen minutes." The attending nurse said with a concerned voice.

"Ma'am,if we don't stop soon, then her body could be put into a vegetative state if we continue trying to bring her back." Another doctor said.

The doctor sighed and paused her actions for a second, glancing at everyone in the room with a look of defeat. My heart dropped into my stomach and I lay my hand on her shoulder, trying to get any sign through to her that she needs to continue. "Please don't stop." I whispered into her ear. She'll never hear me.

The doctor looked back up and shook her head, "No. I'm not giving up. Get ready for the next shock."

In the next few moments, everything went black again.

*******

"Jungkook, sweetie, I'm sure she will wake up soon. You should get some rest in the meantime." I first heard my mother's voice, but could not open my eyes yet.

My hand felt warm and I felt a squeeze, "No, it's okay. I think she'll wake up soon. She should have someone with her when she wakes up." That was Jungkook's voice.