29

A/N OH. MY. GOSH....First off, I deeply apologize, because I haven't updated this story for a while. But then I come back to see 3.5k READERS?! OH MY GOSH THIS IS AMAZING FOR ME!!! HOW DID I GET SO LUCKY TO HAVE THIS MANY PEOPLE READ MY STORY?! It must be some miracle because I didn't think my writing was that great, but people keep reading it anyway. So thank you, my peeps! I will now give you an update! Also, please comment on anything y'all want to! I don't really get many comments and I love it when people give me feedback or the occasional rant XD

«Day of the surgery» (back to Mi-Cha's POV)

       Nothing can stop the countless number of thoughts that are rushing through my mind right now. Thoughts about possible complications during the surgery. Thoughts about the recovery process afterwards. Thoughts about.....last night. My heart still flutters every time I think about the sweet and precious moments we shared. Jungkook made me feel like no man could ever be as gentle and loving as him. He made me forget about the impending surgery today.

"Mi-Cha, are you ready to get dressed in a cap and gown?" My doctor knocked lightly on the open door to the hospital room.

I looked up from my clasped hands, giving her a smile, "You're not talking about a graduation cap and gown by any chance...."

My voice trailed off as I tried to lighten the mood, mostly for my own good. Yuna laughed and handed me the pink hospital gown, "Sorry, no graduations today. Let me know when you are done dressing so we can start surgery prep."

I gave her a shaky smile and she exited the room with a smile. I looked over to a quiet Jungkook who was sitting on the couch in the room, "Jungkook?"

He looked up with wide eyes and a slightly panicked expression on his face, "Is it time?" His voice shook.

I laughed and walked over to him, lifting his chin up and resting my small hand on his cheek, "No, not yet. I just need to change."

He sighed with relief and slumped into the seat again, "Okay, that's fine."

I furrowed my brows and gestured to the door behind me, "Jungkook, aren't you going to leave the room while I change?"

He shrugged and gave me a gentle smile, "I've already seen all of you. I don't mind."

       I sighed and shrugged. I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm only going to gain one more scar, and he will probably see that eventually as well. I quickly changed into the pink hospital gown, having Jungkook tie it in the back while I slipped the pink hair net on that matched. I laughed with Jungkook as we looked at the gown they had given me that has cartoon frogs on it. Soon after, Yuna came back in with a team or nurses and another doctor that would assist with the surgery. My mother rushed in after getting a cup of coffee. She seemed more nervous than I was, having gained dark circles under her eyes from loss of sleep over the past few days.

       My mom and Jungkook each held my hand as the doctor went through how the surgery would go and how long it would last as I squeezed each of their hands. When the doctor was finished explaining, I felt a sense of anxiety wash over me. I'm not anxious about the surgery, but about something else entirely, and I'm not sure what it is. I tried to brush the feeling off as I tried to focus on what people were saying to me.

"I love you, Mi-Cha." Those words I could hear loud and clear as they passed Jungkook's lips.

I stroked his cheek with my hand and wiped away his tear that I hadn't noticed before, "I love you too. Don't worry, okay? It'll be done before you know it."

       He gave me a shaky smile and squeezed my hand before they started wheeling me out of the hospital room. He held onto my hand for as long as he could, following us down the hall for a little bit until we reached the surgery room doors where he had to let go. I gave him a smile and waved to him before the doors were closed.

       The doctors had me lay on the surgery table as they got dressed in their surgery attire and got suited up. The nurses helped me get comfortable and put an oxygen mask on me when everyone was ready to begin.

"Mi-Cha, I'm going to start the sleeping gas. I want you to count down backwards from 20, alright?" Yuna said behind her blue surgery mask.

I started counting in my head, and soon enough my vision became blurry, and eventually everything went black.

*******

       Something was wrong. I could tell. I'm still in the hospital, but I'm walking around in the hallways where I can see everyone. Is my surgery done? Was it successful? I saw Jungkook and my mother, and even the rest of BTS managed to make it here today. I smiled and walked over to them. I sat down in and empty chair next to Jungkook.

"Hey, why do you look so sad? My surgery is done! I'm going to get better now!" I went to grab his hand, but mine slipped right through his. I frowned and tried again, but the same thing happened.

My mother started sobbing next to Jungkook, and he started to console her, rubbing her back and holding her hand. "D-d-do you think she'll make it through?" She sobbed.

Jungkook sharply sucked in a breath and stared at the floor, "I don't know. The doctors have her in good hands. She's strong.... I think she will make it through." His voice caught at the end and I could tell he was trying to hold back his tears.

I was about to try and hold his hand again, sure that this was all just some dirty joke that they were all trying to play on me. I'm going to have a talk with Jungkook when they reveal this evil joke. "Mi-Cha?"

I froze, unsure if I had heard the familiar voice correctly. I hadn't heard that voice in years. The voice that belonged to my dead father. "Stop fooling around, Jungkook! This joke isn't funny anymore! How d-did you even g-get...." a tear slipped down my cheek as I tried to touch Jungkook's face. My hand went right through him. As if I was a spirit.

"Mi-Cha, turn around." There was his voice again. What is this dream that I've stepped into?

I turned my head slowly, realizing that this must not be a dream. Especially when I saw my father standing there.

I stood up with shock written on my face, seeing my formerly dead father standing there. He looked better than when he had before his death. He no longer had the pale skin and bony features that defined him as a sick person. Instead, he looks like he did when I was a little girl. Healthy, happy, and strong. I couldn't believe it, "A-appa?"

He gave me a gentle smile, opening his arms wide. "Come here, my Mi-Cha."

I slowly walked over to him, still in denial whether this was some sort of dream or not. The moment his arms wrapped around me was when I truly knew. Something is wrong. "Why can I touch you, but not omma or Jungkook?"

My father sighed and held me at arms length, looking at the floor with defeat, "Mi-Cha, you're not supposed to be here like this. The doctors need to fix it."

I looked at him with confusion as he touched his palm to my chest, eliciting a horrible feeling of new knowledge in my mind. The knowledge that I'm currently dead.