Chapter 31

arry was easy to shop with - he knew straight away what he was going to buy, unlike so many of my friends who had to pick and prod at every single thing they saw. Kate and Sophie were like that, shopaholics if you like. Thankfully, as soon as we stepped off the bus, Harry told me he was going to Waterstones to use the gift vouchers I had bought him for Christmas on some books. He didn't have any in particular that he wanted, but he was desperate to have a look around the book store.

The January air was cool from the over night frost and I pulled my coat tighter around my shoulders in an attempt to keep warm. Of course, the falling snow didn't help much. Harry and I waited for the traffic to stop before we crossed the road and jogged up the steps to the front doors of our destination. We wiped our feet on the rug by the door and entered, looking around at the hundreds of shelves around us, full of different sized books.

I was grateful for the warmth, and Harry seemed to be too, as he let out a long, content sigh before smiling down at me. He pulled his beanie from his head and shook out his curls before stuffing the hat into his pocket and extracting the vouchers from within his coat.

"Let's go buy some stuff," he said before we started to walk around the shop, looking at the books of different genres and authors.

It was quite alarming how quickly time had passed since Christmas morning. It was the tenth of January, a new day and a new year. Zayn and I had grown incredibly closer over the holidays, and he had even shared some more about his past. Life in the 1920's was definitely more interesting to hear from Zayn than my History teacher.

I had been thankful that Zayn hadn't tried anything on me since that time in the shower. I didn't think I'd be able to take so many more intimate moments like that for a long time. Although, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't enjoyed myself.

Louis had been nowhere in sight since the last time I had seen him, as Zayn had been keeping an extra close eye on me ever since, something I found a little annoying from time to time. I couldn't complain though - I'd probably be dead if he wasn't there to protect me.

Zayn and I had found out that Harry had been hanging with some of the collage guys in the area on Christmas - people he'd been chatting to for a little while since he had arrived. It was nice to see him spending time with people who weren't like him - human. Sometimes I worried that being with Louis for so long had made him forget the fun humans could also get up to.

"So," Harry started, looking at his feet, "I've been seeing Marielle over the holidays."

I raised an eyebrow, "Really? That's great, Harry," I nudged him playfully with my elbow and all he done was smile sheepishly. "How are you two doing, anyway?" 

"Good, I think," Harry said, "We met up a few times and exchanged numbers."

"Mm, getting interesting then, huh?" I laughed as we walked past a group of children fighting over what Winnie the Pooh character was the best.

"It's not just that - she seems to get me." Harry went on and I raised an eyebrow. What did he mean by that?