Chapter 40

"Oh my God!" Kate giggled into the phone and I closed my eyes with a sigh. Why did she have to make such a big deal about everything? "How was it? You need to tell me everything."

"Kate, you need to calm down first," I told her and she giggled a few times before promising that she was OK and prepared to listen. "Well, there's not that much to tell, to be honest."

"Don't lie! I would have loved to have been in your shoes! I've always wanted to do that!" she said and I rolled my eyes. By the time she finally stopped interrupting me, I'd be in a wheel chair with white locks.

"Well, it was huge, first of all," I said.

"I bet it was," Kate said and I could picture her grinning slyly. "Details."

"Kate, we went to the Eiffel Tower... You seem to think we're talking about something else." I waited for her to answer, but all I heard was her breathing. I knew that she was hoping to hear some juicy details about what Zayn and I had been up to while we were staying in the hotel together.

"Oh," was all she said. "Like I said - I would love to do that!"

"What the hell were you expecting me to say?" I asked, grinning. 

"Oh, you know ... what you've been up to."

I knew exactly what she meant. I wasn't planning on telling her about what happened between Zayn and I the night before. I knew that she would only spread the word and then all of my other friends would be messaging me to ask for details. Somethings were just to be shared between two people.

"Exploring mostly," I answered, sitting down on the bed. "It's beautiful here."

"I bet it is," Kate said. "So, did you and Zayn enjoy the presents we got you?"

I groaned, hoping to avoid the topic of their gifts. Kate was having none of it though.

"Why did you make everyone get us those things?" I complained, my head falling into my hand. I heard Kate laugh and I just let out a sigh. She knew I felt uncomfortable talking about the intimacy between Zayn and I - she tended to blab a lot. If it had been Marielle I was talking to, I wouldn't have minded as much - May understood the definition of 'secret'.

"Because I remembered what you told me happened between the pair of you not too long ago in the shower, and I thought to myself, 'well something is bound to happen while the two of them are away in bloody Paris'. I thought they were quite appropriate."

"No, Kate. They were not," I told her firmly and she just laughed again.

"They're not appropriate for you or Zayn?" she questioned.

"Both of us, why would you do that? You just made things really awkward between us."

"You're kidding, right? C'mon, what was Zayn like when you two opened those presents?"

He had seemed fairly amused by the whole thing. "Shocked."

"Just shocked? Not 'happy and smiling like an idiot'?"

"Stop it," I groaned," rolling my eyes. "Those gifts will not be used. Maybe the chocolates, but that's all."

"Have you listened to the CD from Niall yet? He spent a lot of time putting it together for you both," Kate told me and I could picture her pouting. The fact that Kate and Sophie had been the ones to organize the similar gifts was the thing that frightened me the most. Who knows what they made Niall download onto that disc.

"No, and I'm not going to," I told her.

"Play it when you and Zayn are having a sexy time." My eyes widened at her words. "It's one of those sultry pieces of sexy saxophone melodies. Y'know? Like in the movies when the couple are about to have sex and you hear a saxophone being playing in the background-"