Chapter 17

"LIAM AND NIALL ARE GOING to be meeting us outside at around eight o'clock, so that gives us all plenty of time to get ready for tonight." Marielle said as she pulled her light hair back into a low pony tail before sliding her black wig over the top. She fixed it into place, making sure that there were no strands of hair hanging loosely around her neck before twirling around and posing for Sophie and I. We both laughed and shook our heads at her stupidity. It was unusual for us to see Marielle acting so out of character - she was usually so serious about everything.

"I still can't believe that this is our last year at Tong High. Our last Halloween Disco too." Sophie sighed as she played with the hem of her red dress. She quietly chuckled to herself before she looked up and met my eyes.

It was weird when you thought about it being our last school year. When we had finished primary school, it had been rather emotional for everyone as it was the first time something quite big and important in our lives had ended, so leaving high school would be just as emotional for us. Marielle had even suggested having an end of the year party to celebrate our great times throughout high school.

"Yeah." Marielle said before she started working on her face paint, slapping a sickly green sponge across her cheeks. "I suppose it's gonna be fun in a way. The seniors always have a great last year, don't they?" she asked as she finished colouring her skin green.

"Yeah, it's gonna be a hell of a time." Sophie agreed before she slipped her red Devil horned hair band onto her head, which matched her flaming hair. She had spent ages curling it into tight bound spirals, using an estimated whole can of hairspray to keep it in place. Her short black cape came just below her backside and the knee high boots she wore, made her look even taller than she actually was.

"Laura, would you stop hesitating and start on your bloody make-up." Marielle instructed, pointing to the table in front of me which was covered in different kinds of makeup and Halloween face paints. I rolled my eyes at her before I picked up the pale liquid foundation Sophie had brought over. I squirted some onto my finger tips and started to rub it onto my face and down my neck, making my complexion turn to a ghostly paleness. I wasn't going to use the white face paint - that made me look ridiculous.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sophie standing and watching me with slightly narrowed eyes. Before I could say or do anything, she walked over to me and grabbed the bottle of foundation from my grasp and threw it aside, picking up the expensive looking eye shadow lying on the table.

"Sit." she instructed and I obeyed, sitting cross legged on the bed, with the eye shadow brush suddenly hovering right in front of my eyes. "Well, close them, you sausage!" Sophie snapped at me and I did so, before I felt her coating my eye lids in a dark grey colour, adding a liquid eyeliner streak across the roots of my lashes.

I hated wearing so much makeup, as all it did was ruin your skin and damage it's natural look. I had clear skin, and I was going to keep it that way for as long as I possibly could.

"Not too much, Soph." I protested as I felt her adding even more eye shadow to my lids. It almost felt as if the make-up were weighing them down.

"Shush." she snapped before I felt her brushing mascara over my lashes, lengthening them as much as she could. "You should have bought falsies." she said as she continued to work on my eye makeup. I let out a sigh in defeat, knowing that once she had started working with make-up, there was no way she would stop until it was one hundred percent complete and utterly perfect.