Chapter 6

AFTER HALF AN HOUR OF catching up on the daily Facebook gossip, I had already grown incredibly bored. Usually there were fights going on between the seniors and the juniors for something as ridiculous as name calling or rude gestures. By the same time the next day, it would all be forgotten.

Kate, Sophie, Marielle, Niall, Liam and I had already discussed the party once again through a joined chat, mentioning things like party poppers and raspberry sponge cakes in less than five minutes. Marielle couldn't resist throwing in the fact that we had missed Oreos off of the growing list of junk food we were going to be devouring the very next day.

The remainder of the week had sped by incredibly fast, leaving me with the thought of jumping in a taxi with Zayn tomorrow morning, all ready and excited about heading over to Kate's. I knew that the ride there was going to be awkward between Zayn and I. It took about twenty-five minutes to half an hour to get to Kate's house from my own, depending on how the traffic was at certain times of the day. That meant up to half an hour of silence in a taxi with Zayn. I imagined the only talking between the pair of us being a polite, 'Hello, how are you?'

With a sigh, I minimised Facebook into a small window and opened up Twitter, typing in my user-name and password as fast as I could. I had always been a fast typer, so I could get the job done rather quickly. I read through the latest tweets, noticing one from Niall only forty seconds ago.

@NiallOfficial Party time tomorrow, guys! Great times!

That a boy, Niall. Just tell the whole world so that they can come and be party crashers. I let out a sigh as I read over his last few tweets, all of which were talk about looking forward to the party at Kate's. Oh, that boy definitely liked her.

Just as I was about to sign out, a thought suddenly hit me: Did Zayn have Twitter or Facebook? Was he the kind to use social networking sites or was he more of a non-Internet kind of person? There were possibly hundreds of Zayn Maliks out there, so who knew how long it was going to take me before I found out? I decided to leave the subject alone and logout of both sites before I shut my laptop down and shut the lid.

A knock at the door grabbed my attention all of a sudden. I looked up to see Ian standing in the doorway, an orange jotter in his hand, opened at the middle page. He gave me his puppy eyes before he started to speak.

"I'll pay you if you do my homework for me? I love you, big sis." he said, giving me a cheesy smile. I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh before I stood from my desk and over to my bed where my hoodie was. 

"Ian, you're fifteen years old. Do it yourself." I told him as he continued to pout and bat his eyelashes at me. I pulled the hoodie over my head and pushed my arms through the sleeves as I walked out the door, closing it behind me.