☞ why i don't like new york {pt. 2}

(*unedited* brace yourselves)

ALL RIGHT, PART TWO, PEOPLE. LET'S JUMP RIGHT IN.

Okay, so the second day, we all slept in because of how terrible the day before was and how late we all went to sleep. I had the campus tour at 12, and there could only be three people, so it would be me, my mom, and my brother. My aunt was going to stay in the apartment with my little sister & cousin, and my brother's girlfriend decided to be all badass and brave and go to Manhattan on her own. After the tour, we planned on going to Coney Island. 

So, we had a little bit of a plan this time. 

The tour was actually really good. The campus was beautiful, the program was incredible, and I was really impressed, you know? Especially since there's only a 43% acceptance rate and somehow my slacker ass got in. I did really love the campus and the school's motto and shit, so I was thinking I could deal with living in New York since the school was so good.

My thoughts were unrealistic, but we'll get to that eventually.

So we walk back to the apartment (Pratt was fifteen minutes from the apartment in 92 degree weather, just saying), and we get back around three or four, I think... sorry, I don't really remember lmao, but it was one of those times okay. We were waiting for my brother's girlfriend to get back so we could start getting to Coney Island, because we were going to test out the subways and it takes 45 minutes to get there.

SO.

I'll spare the details, okay, because honestly the subways weren't that eventful. We did get confused a couple of times because my Google maps and my brother's girlfriend's Google maps were showing two different routes (everyone listened to me instead because I'm paranoid and quadruple check shit to make sure nothing goes wrong), so we ended up getting off too soon, but then we got back on so it was fine.

BUT.

I will say, subways are stressful the first few times.

THE DOORS BE LIKE

I'M NOT KIDDING, YOUR ASS BETTER HAVE YOUR NOSE PRESSED UP AGAINST IT, READY TO BOLT INSIDE OR YOUR ASS IS GETTING LEFT

We dragged my little sister so bad because we were so nervous she would get separated from us lolol. But it was nerve-wracking getting on and off. However, I will admit, sitting on the subway itself was actually kind of relaxing? Like it rocks a little back and forth so maybe that's why it was so chill...

ExcePT WHEN YOUR STOP COMES UP AND THOSE DOORS TRY TO SABOTAGE YOU