☞ books #1

I read religiously, so it's only fitting if I share some of my favorites.

1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

My all time favorite book series and I will continue to swear my life on this series until my dying breath (and I'll still swear on it in the after life.)

2. Caraval by Stephanie Garber

I literally just started this book an hour ago & I'm halfway through. It's so easy to read and it's a nice concept. 

3. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

I love all of Rainbow Rowell's work, but if you're looking for a diverse story with a beautiful romance plot line, this book is perfect for you. Literally will have you melting every page. Oh, and it's set in the 80's so that's a plus.

4. Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

Gay fluff alert--an adorable romance, but also provides awesome character development and an enticing story line. I honestly can never recommend this book enough.

5. Heartless by Marissa Meyer

She's my queen, honestly, so I had to put this one in this suggestions chapter as well. If you love Alice in Wonderland, this retelling of its origins will take your breath away. Like, seriously, one of the characters is so adorable your heart may stop (but he'll restart it too).

6. My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier

Basically about a psychopathic 10 year old and how she stresses the hell out of her brother. If you like creepy kids, this is right up your ally. Not to mention this book is FULL of diversity, which I absolutely adore, and it's an awesome plot line. 

7. The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics

Again, if you like creepy tellings, you'll probably like this. It's not my absolute favorite, but it was an easy page-turner and I did enjoy it. Sometimes the characters fell a little flat, but I love the concept of it. Also, if you're sick of romance-dependent novels, you're in luck! No romance at all, just some ghosts in a haunted mansion making people go insane. Yup.

8. Angelfall by Susan Ee

When I recommend a book to someone, I will never leave this one out. It's a trilogy, and a damned good one at that. The books are fairly short, so if you fly through pages like me, you can have the entire series done in a week. But I suggest taking your time because I genuinely miss it, like I've considered rereading them and I've never reread a book before. It's. That. Damn. Good.

9. Impulse by Ellen Hopkins

Her books always look intimidating because they're super thick, but their in a free-verse format, so it's really about a paragraph on each page, if that. Not to mention she's an incredible author who writes about serious issues others are scared to mention. Impulse has a sequel, Perfect, and both are beautiful, but Impulse is my favorite. All of her books are beautiful, tbh. You can pick up any of them and not be disappointed.

10. The Enemy Series by Charlie Higson

Calling all zombie lovers, this one is for you! A bunch of kids are forced to live in a world where every adult turns into a flesh-eating monster, and boy, is it a fun ride. I love this series to bits and recently read the final one (there's seven, but trust me, all of them are worth it and quick reads!). It's honestly so good and even the annoying characters, you love them because they make the series what it is. Careful, though. Charlie doesn't give a fuck about feelings and if you get too attached, you're likely to get your heart crushed. (Still one of my favorite series, though.)