☞ religious hypocrites

If you know anything about me, you know I believe in God. I mean, there's a quote in my biography from the Bible. But let me make this very clear:

Believing in a higher power does not make you a saint.

What do I mean by that, exactly? If you believe in God, or whatever it is you believe in, it in no way, shape, or form puts you above another human being. And if you were truly religious like you claim to be, you would understand that without a problem.

But there happens to be a lot of twats (I'm not British but it's my favorite word) in the world who don't seem to comprehend that logic. I'm going to use my stepdad as an example because he's the biggest fucking hypocrite I've ever met in my entire life.

The Bible says to love all creation, to love all of man.

Unless you're black, a Muslim, non-American, a woman, gay, transgender--according to my stepdad, if you're not a straight white male dedicated to the crumbling country that is America, you're a piece of shit. 

As if America was personally touched by God and declared the holy nation, like come on, dude. America wasn't even a thing until some power-hungry men decided they wanted more land to conquer.

Don't mistake me, I don't hate America. I'm American, after all, but lately I've just been very disappointed in the direction my country is going. Sometimes I'm ashamed to even call myself an American, but that's another rant for another time.

The funniest shit is recently my stepdad brought up an idea that he wants to become a pastor. Like, you have to actually be holy to accomplish that? Straight up, if that did ever happen (which it could never), and I did ever go to one of his sermons or something (which could also never happen), I'd tell everyone how fake he really is. It pisses me off when people claim to be "holy" and "good," then they badmouth every person they've ever come across.

That's not how it fucking works, pal.

Let me give you guys a word of advice: the people who preach the loudest are the fakest, most hypocritical people you could ever meet. (In most cases.)

God's servants are humble, not shoving their beliefs done other people's throats.

God's servants are respectful, not boastful.

Legit, right off the top of my head, I can say confidently that my stepdad has committed three of the seven deadly sins so. There's that.

But he's another rant for another time too.

Here's a lesson to take from this: mean what you say. Practice what you preach. Be kind and generous. Don't spread hate when the world so desperately needs love.

I'm not saying I'm perfect--I've never even read the Bible entirely--but I know for damn sure that I respect people of all colors, of all races, of all religions and sexualities and beliefs. If you're a good person and if you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that. I don't understand why labels are placed on everyone when we all bleed red.

And to fellow Christians, please keep this in mind: the Bible we have now is not the original Bible. It's been translated and re-written for centuries, and the original Bible is actually lost. So don't tell me God disagrees with gays or with blacks or with transgender people when the Bible is not God's true word. The Bible is for our interpretation, and there's no certainty with what's truly from the original Bible because it no longer exists! When thousands of people have re-written it, you can't possibly believe all of it is verbatim. Just saying.

My God loves all. My God forgives any who faithfully, and sincerely, ask for it. Do not use my God as an excuse to slander innocent people.

I could rant on this for hours, but controversial subjects like this that I'm really passionate about always give me the shakes from raging so hard, lmao. So I'ma take an ice cream break now with some Dean Winchester to accompany me.