☞ overly sensitive people

That's right guys. I decided to bring the angry fangirl back because I forgot how much ranting really benefits my anger issues. I'll still add cool little things here and there, like more recommendations or something, but this book will most definitely consist of wrathful rants. That's kind of hard to say... "wrathful rants." Say it five times fast and don't lie!

Actually I just tried it and it's not really difficult. Eh. 

ANYWAYS.

Time for the rant.

I'm going to use an example from my last rant book. Basically, I made a "rant," but it wasn't really a rant, I was just complaining about myself (typical). It was about shaving, I remember that much, and I said something along the lines of "if you can feel your leg hairs through your jeans, it's time to shave." Mind you, the entire rant was my talking about myself. Like I mentioned how much I hate shaving and everything.

Everything was fine until this one girl commented this lengthy paragraph, like she was hella pissed at me. Something like "omg I can't believe you call yourself queen of feminism when you're telling girls they have to shave."

I remember the "queen of feminism" part clear as day because I had never once mentioned feminism in my rant book or any of my books, so I don't know where the fuck she got that from. I guess she misinterpreted it because the words "girls have to shave" never left my fucking fingertips, okay. (Get it, because I'm typing not speaking, eh?) 

I don't give a damn if your legs look like a gorilla's because it's not my damn body or my damn business, okay? Like you do you, homie. 

But I for one feel like I have to shave. So basically I'm half Lebanese and half French, right, so I have really dark hair. Like I Nair my upper lip or else I could grow myself a handle bar mustache, seriously. BUT. That's not the point. Or it is. I don't fucking know anymore.

BASICALLY, in fourth grade I was wearing shorts one day and this girl was talking about my leg hair and how gross it was. I legit stopped wearing shorts until fifth grade when I begged my mom to let me start shaving, cause it would be a hundred degrees outside and I'd be wearing jeans and a sweater because ya girl got hairy arms too. (To this day I still wear a sweater every day to school, and I only wear shorts the day after I shave.)

Point being, if anything, I'm one of the biggest advocates for not shaving. I do it because I get hella anxiety and insecure, but bitch, my hairiness ain't none of your business, mkay. 

This is kind of going off topic from overly sensitive, but it still relates. You get what I mean, right? I'll comfort myself and say that you do.

We've all come across people though where you literally have to filter every single word that comes out of your mouth or they'll flip shit. You know the meme: 

WELL IT'S FUCKING TRUE, OKAY

People are so damn sensitive. I understand some things shouldn't be joked about, but you can't go through your entire life getting your skirts rumpled every time someone says something you don't agree with. Believe me, my head would've exploded by now for containing rage if I got upset over every little thing a person said.

You know what's ironic? People will get offended by this rant. People will get offended because I said they'll get offended. It's a never-ending cycle of moans and groans.

Here's a tactic that works well for me: if someone says something stupid or something you don't agree with... who the fuck cares? You can't change someone's mind just because you're upset about it. I grumble to myself instead of starting a confrontation and I walk off before I punch someone in the face. You get what I'm saying? The only thing being sensitive gives you is a lot of fucking headaches. Just let it be because stupid people are going to say stupid shit, simple as that.

If you are offended by this, hello. Didn't mean to offend you, just trying to be reasonable. Feel free to bash me in the comments if you'd like. I'll either delete it or make a mess for both of us. Don't make a mess, please. Just accept that you can't change people's opinions and you can't stop morons from being morons. (I think I indirectly called myself a moron, oops.)

I feel like I'm rambling now so... oh yeah, Happy Valentine's Day. I'll be chilling with my dog eating chocolate ice cream and watching Supernatural. Just a normal Tuesday for this girl. I treated myself with some chicken nuggets for dinner, though, so it's all good.