Chapter13

We arrive at Zack modern house. It was not homie at all just a weird cut out box shape. I get out the car with big glasses and a black umbrella.

There were people everywhere, unlike Devin's neighborhood. People actually ran alone the street and spoke to each other. And they weren't all vampires either.

Wow! I had to take a double take.

I smile looking around this community was so full of life. How could someone not want to live here? Kelly walks too my side pulling me to her. "Lovely isn't it?" She says and starts to walk. I nod and catch the eye of a petite brown skin beauty, with full pink lips and a smashing body. She waves never looking away.

I might have a new friend to play with.

Zack opens the front door and walks in. The open layout was over the top pretty. Light blues and greens lined the house. The soft fluffy sofa and three love seats gave a cozy feel. And the large dining room had a long table to sit ten to twelve people, it had to be Kelly's doing. The kitchen was full of food and pans and pots. I know Zack wish he was human to truly enjoy her cooking.

"Well I think you should stay the rest of the week. It seems that the stress of work is making him mad. I can go by tomorrow and pick you up a few outfits. If you want?"

"Yes and thank you- both of you." I hug Zack catching him off guard. He awkwardly pats my back as if he wasn't sure. I giggle and turn to Kelly. "So where will I be sleeping. I need a major nap before I go on a kill spree." I say with a smirk.

"Come I'll show you, it has a great view." She say hoping up the steps. I smile as she would be a distraction. We walk into the big room with high ceilings. The balcony door hong open with a clear view of the house next door. But that view was a sad second to the beautiful garden and sunrise and set I could see from my bed.

"Its beautiful." I look around the room. A blue and black sheet line the bed with green mint pillows. The closet was a okay size, and the little bathroom was a surprise. Fix away in the corner, I smile as Zack comes in the room holding a small cup.

"Here this will make the swelling go down." I look in the black cup. It was a deep deep red color.

I down the cup and hand it back. I lay on the bed and pull my shoes off. "Are you hungry? I know you haven't had breakfast." He says.

"No I just want to rest for now. Alone rest alone." I say knowing Kelly would sit braiding my hair until I have a million and one curls.

She frown and walks to the the door. "You guys will make it through this." I frown as she closes the door.

There was no way in hell! We will make it through this! No man or woman, human or vampire, sane or insane. That will hit me an get away with it, let alone, be my lover! He has made his bed now he will lay in it.

And that did not help Mia out as I know she thinks it did. That little bitch just missed up my love life and home. She will have to answer to me. But I know Devin will punish her first and I'm okay with that. She has to face the music.

I look in the mirror and the swelling has complete disappear. I smile as I walk to the bed, quickly falling into a deep sleep. Letting all the pain go becoming numb.

I walk to the balcony, looking at the beautiful view, and smile as I see the pretty thick brown skin girl from earlier. She looks over and smile looking me up and down licking her lips. I turn twisting till I'm in the small closet. I find a small two piece and quickly throw it on, I think I've found a new toy to play with!

I write on on a sheet of paper and hold it up. (Would you like to swim?) She smiles and nods. I make my way to the pool as quietly as I can. It was time for me to move on, and have a little fun.