Chapter 15 - Saviour ?

3 weeks later.

Ciel's POV.

It had been 3 weeks since the day of the gala. I had spent my whole days by Alois' side, listening to him, keeping him company, supporting him the best that I could . I did my best to entertain him on his days out.

Then I would get home , smoke a little and collapse on my bed, but I slept so badly that it became unbearable.

I still saw that one scene in the ambulance, the blood that had flowed from his lips... I was so afraid he would slip away at that moment.

He was so frail it seemed like he could collapse at any moment. But , despite his thin silhouette , he was strong, so strong. Ten times stronger than I'll never be.

Alois's mother never came to the hospital, not even once. I had a hard time understanding this too. He told me she was always on his back , but it didn't seem like it to me.

Today, was finally the day of his final release. His internment period of 3 years was over and now that he was legally an adult , nothing was holding him back.

- Why are you making this face Ciel? Aren't you glad I am allowed out? Alois huffed.

- To be honest I don't know, . In the hospital at least you were watched over . Now , I am afraid that you will make a new mistake or a crisis ...

I knew he was going to take it badly, but I had to tell him. I couldn't pretend to rejoice in his release. Who says it isn't going to end like the other times, that he won't resume to cutting himself ?

After all, I was more reassured when he was in the center, because I knew where he was, when he went out. Henceforth , he would be alone and I wouldn't know be where he was... I was so fucking worried . I hated to admit it but I had grew quite fond of him.

- Wait, are you serious? Don't forget that I promised to make efforts . I can understand you don't fully trust me but we aren't going anywhere if you act like that ... he sighed.

He was right. If I didn't trust him, the situation wasn't not likely to advance. He had confidence in me and it had to be reciprocal . Even if I was unsure of what it meant to "advance," he had found the right words to calm my absurd worries.

- I'll never let you down.

I wasn't going to leave . I had promised Alois to take him somewhere to celebrate his release. The only problem was that he was still living with his mother and that she would certainly not allow me to steal her sick son.

*

Here we are , in a park not far from away from where I live, lying in the grass . It's sunny today, so we decided to enjoy the weather. Alois put his head on my stomach and closed his eyes. I lit up a new cigarette and closed my eyes too.

- Does that make us friends? I asked him.

I'm not the type a person to put a label on everything , gay, loser , cool guy, smoker, asshole or whatever. But with everything that had happened, everything had changed in me, and I needed to know what we are, or rather who I am.

- Possible. He answers , his eyes still closed.

We had lived too many things together to continue to ignore our feelings. I feel Alois straightening up, but keep my eyes closed. Suddenly , I feel his warm breath against my neck.