Chapter 5 - Mistake

" Raise ourselves and a middle finger
'Cause they all think we're twisted"

Ciel aided Alois lie down on his back, in a posture where his head was lowered and his thin legs were raised.

Ciel heard that it should encourage the blood to flow to the brain. Thereafter, he tried to awaken the young man.

" Alois ! Wake up... please wake up !Nod your head if you can hear me."

He called out his name, tried to shake him up,splashed water on him and even gently slapped him, but nothing worked.

" What should I do ?" he whispered to himself to break the frightening silence.

An agonizing long minute passed, then two. Ciel was now positive Alois wouldn't wake up. He had to call the emergencies.

Trying to regain his composure, he reached out for his phone and shakily composed the three-digit number.

" Hello , how may I help you ?"

A lenitive woman took the call and followed the procedure, trying her best to soothe Ciel's worries and get useful informations .

He eventually managed to explain the problem. Since Alois' pulse and heart rate were regular, Ciel was instructed to put him in the recovery position and stay by his side until medical help arrived.

- " O-Okay . Thanks. "

Doing so, he realized how awfully limp Alois' body was. He felt like he was handling a corpse, which was rather disagreeable.

His characteristic pale complexion, sunken cheekbones and gaunt silhouette accentuated this scary impression.

He was more dead than alive, whether you looked at his cadaveric carcass, his blank eyes, or his broken soul. And he was the one who broke him. It was probably the biggest mistake of his life. No . He was the mistake. His own parents always told him so, so it ought to be true, right?

- " This is all my fault..."

Ciel began tormenting himself, drowning in a sea of worries.
After all, he was the only one who choose to invite Alois instead of escorting him back to the center.

The suicidal boy didn't ask him, in fact, he appeared reluctant to come. The nurses would probably have known how to deal with this instead of letting him passing out.

Why didn't he immediately call 911 when he saw Alois was having another one of his crisis? He really was nothing but a monster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ciel remained aloof, feeling like he didn't belong here. After all, he wasn't related to Alois in any way. They weren't even friends. Describing their relationship would have been way too complicated.

He wanted to go back home, but once again there was something stopping him from doing so. Alois fascinated him for some obscure reason, he needed to see him, to ensure that he was fine. He simply couldn't bring himself to leave him to his fate.

He had had to beg the paramedics to let him hop on the ambulance and tag along with them. Right now, he was in the waiting room , and had been for a solid hour.