{Chapter 22}

liN?

animatic by Bunny yams
___________________________________

~Jefferson POV~

When we got up to our dorm, I sat down on the couch and laid Alex down. His head was in my lap and his feet were propped up on the arm rest on the other side of the couch.

His breathing was shallow and his forehead was still hot. James put down our stuff and went into the kitchen. Soon, he came out with a damp cloth to put on my soulmate's forehead.

"What do you think happened?" I asked Jemmy a few minutes later when we were
both settled in.

"I read about this," he murmered, lost in thought. "In extreme stages of color madness, a person will get overprotective or possessive of their soulmate. Even small physical contact will look like an assault to them."

"Is he going to be ok?"

"He should be fine. A little rest and a lot of color collecting will probably be good enough."

I thought about what he said. Was it really that bad for him? I looked down at my sleeping soulmate. I studied him in color. For once, he looked relaxed. Usually, his eyebrows were always furrowed, deep in thought.

Now, his lips were slightly parted to let air out when he breathed out. His eyes were closed, hiding his lively eyes. He looked peaceful. And beautiful.

Having his head in my lap reminded me of the days when we were dating before. I hadnt realized it before, but I had missed those days. Like being able to cuddle alex while watching a movie.

"Well, I'll go back to my dorm now," James said, smapping me out of my trance. " Call or text me of anything happens with Alex."

I nodded. He waved bye and walked out.

I glanced down at the smol man sleeping on me. I shifted us around so that my feet were up on the couch. Alex was lying between my legs. I wrapped my arms around him and fell asleep like that.

_________________

~❤