XXVI. Passing

It was the day of the 58th Expedition, and Levi was preparing to leave.

Just as he was about to join the others for the formation, something urged him to visit (F/N) once more.

Fully clothed in his pristine uniform and well - prepared for the battle ahead, he rushed back to the infirmary. He opened the door and saw her there.

She's still not waking up.

He closed the door and locked it. He didn't know why, but for some reason, he wanted some privacy with her. Even for just a few minutes.

He walked towards the bed and sat on it, looking at her form with complete patience in his eyes.

The doctor had removed all of her bandages and cleaned all of her remaining wounds, which were healing quite nicely. He even said that she would sometimes turn in her sleep, which was a good thing, since she was no longer just lying motionless on the bed. He assumed that she would wake up soon enough.

To be honest, he wanted her to see him off. But since she was still asleep, he took it upon himself to, at least, let his presence known to her before he left for the expedition.

Quietly and gently, he took her hand, squeezing it lightly. It was so small and delicate. He brought it close to his lips, thinking of the story his mother once told him when she was still alive.

It was the story of a Princess who fell asleep for a long time due to a curse the evil Witch placed upon her. The Witch declared that only true love's kiss would break the spell. A few years later, a Prince went up the tower and delivered the so - called true love's kiss. She woke up, fell in love with him, and lived happily ever after with him.

He liked the story as a child. But now as an adult, he thought it was utter bullshit.

Still, he couldn't help but think of that particular story as looked at her.

He gulped. Maybe there was some truth behind it? Stories were based on true historical events, after all.

He began sweating hard. He was concentrating so hard that he almost flinched when a voice screamed right outside the infirmary.

"Captain Levi? Where are you? Where could he be, Mikasa?"

"I don't know, Eren."

God, Eren. When can you be not irritating?

"Hmm,..."

Levi's eyes suddenly snapped back at her when he heard her soft moan.

"(F/N)?" he whispered to her.

More moans.

She's waking up! She's waking up!

His heartbeat became more and more frantic as the minutes went by. Tick tock, tick tock. He looked at the time. Only a few minutes left before the assembly at the town.

He looked back at (F/N) and saw her lips, which were pinkish in color. The paleness vanished two days ago, and it was one of the good things that the doctor mentioned to him.

A single drop of sweat rolled down his forehead. Once again, he felt like a giddy youth in front of a young lady. He went closer to her, still looking at her lips. He closed his eyes and brought his lips closer to hers. His dry and trembling mouth touched her soft ones as she moaned once more in her sleep.

The sound of her voice awakened some unknown feeling inside him, and it was unlike anything he felt when he was still with Petra. One more soft moan made him finally crush his lips against hers in an uncontrolled manner. He let go of her hand and brought his to cheeks, feeling their smoothness. He begged for entrance, instantly forgetting that she's still asleep. He gently pulled her lower lip down with his thumb and entered her, basking in the warmth of her mouth with his exploring tongue.