IV. Punishment

(F/N) stared at her food

She had difficulty raising the spoon because her right hand still hurt. She frowned, then she felt a pair of eyes staring intently at her. She glanced at her left and saw that Sasha was, indeed, staring at her. She had a very hungry look on her face.

"Uhm,..." she began. "You're not eating that, are you?" She was pointing at (F/N)'s barely touched soup and bread. "Can I, please, have it?" she was smiling sincerely at her.

(F/N) looked at her food, thinking that she wasn't really hungry, anyway

(F/N) looked at her food, thinking that she wasn't really hungry, anyway. So, she just gave it to Sasha, who took it with much joy and appreciation, much to the disgust of the few Scouts who saw.

It was almost eight in the evening. She tried her best to make it in time for dinner, only for it to be taken away by Sasha.

Why, you ask?

Because, (F/N) just finished cleaning the stables.

(F/N) had to stay behind after the combat exercises as punishment for what happened the other day. She had to stay five more hours with Squad Leader Nanaba for extended training. Well, she needed it, anyway, considering her very poor performance during combat.

Mikasa, almost ignoring Eren ( almost ), offered to accompany her to the infirmary to have her wounds and injuries checked, since it was her doing that led her to such condition. But, Captain Levi objected, saying that she needed more time for training so she could catch up with the others.

So, with a glare towards the short Captain, Mikasa left the training grounds together with Eren and Armin, who both looked at (F/N) with such pity in their eyes.

Squad Leader Nanaba felt that the whole situation was very wrong, so she took it easy on the girl and just had her do laps for an hour, sit - ups for the next hour, and simple weight - lifting for the next thirty minutes. For the remaining hours of training, Nanaba had (F/N) practice her knife - wielding skills.

Nanaba's eyebrows furrowed in deep thought. She immediately noticed that (F/N)'s fighting stance was unbearably unstable. Her poise was horribly wrong, and her hands seemed to tremble while holding the weapon.