XIX. Captured

(F/N) opened her eyes, and found herself looking at an unfamiliar room

(F/N) opened her eyes, and found herself looking at an unfamiliar room. It was dark and gloomy, and she wasn't even lying on a bed. Instead, she was sitting on a chair, her hands and feet tied tightly with rope. She tried to move them, but to no avail.

Ah, she really was captured. And it wasn't her plan. Yes, she infiltrated the old building two hours after she left the Scouting Legion Headquarters ( on foot, just in case one of the Squad Leaders noticed that one of the horses from the stable was missing ), managed to stealthily take down some of the guards at the entrance ( thanks to Mikasa, who trained her really well ), successfully freed the prisoners ( five unknown men, a fishmonger, a young lady, a fat middle - aged woman, CutieStar36, whose writings of the hooded men were burned for the sake of the Saturn's Month bonfire, and Rosie8833, whose sole purpose for being captured was to keep her mouth shut regarding the Ackerman executioners' infiltration of the Berg Publication House ), fought three or so more thugs, and finally got overwhelmed after a dozen more men showed up.

And now, this,...

Seriously, if it wasn't for the very dire situation she's in, (F/N) might've congratulated herself for making it this far. The old (F/N) couldn't have done something like this.

And what's the catch? Just before collapsing after a burly man punched her on her stomach, she saw a dark - clad man emerging from the shadows. He knelt before her writhing form and took something out from his pocket. It was a vial containing a clear form of liquid. (F/N) knew that it was the antidote.

"Did you come for this, sweetheart?" the man asked her. "If that's the case, then, please forgive me. I will never let anyone take this, not even a beautiful young lady like yourself."

With that, (F/N)'s vision finally blurred and she lost consciousness. After an unknown amount of time, she woke up like this.

(F/N) tugged at the ropes once more. It was actually not too tight, at all.

Focus, (F/N), you can do this,...

"Not escaping, are we?" a low male voice said from the right corner of the depressing room. It made the hairs on (F/N)'s nape stand. With wide eyes, she cautiously turned to her right and saw the same dark - clad man from earlier. And now that she's fully awake, she could see that the man had a lot of wrinkles on his face. His hair was of an unidentified color, and he was actually tall and quite muscular - looking.

But, what intrigued (F/N) the most was not his physique, but the color of his eyes. They were, for some unknown reason, yellow.

The man raised an eyebrow. "Why look so glum? You're the one who came to this place. By the way, are you aware that you took down almost two dozens of my men? How strong could you, Scouts, actually be - ?"

"Where is the antidote?!" (F/N) asked in a really loud and stern voice that actually surprised her.

The man took it calmly like he was just having a conversation with a fine gentleman.