XXII. Rain

It was raining so hard.

He was quickly making his way back to the Headquarters. Logic dictated that he should've just stayed in an inn or some place else and wait until the storm subsides.

However, on that particular day, he felt that he needed to get back there for a reason he couldn't quite explain.

"Fuck,..." he cursed as the rain poured down angrily at him.

When was the last time he felt like this on a rainy day?

Perhaps, it was when they,...

Then, he heard it. Some men singing not far from where he was. He turned and saw three men near a dark alley kicking something. They were singing an old, children's song about a brat who wont shut up and a mother who was stupid enough to bribe the child with different things just to stop it from crying.

At first, he thought that they were just bullying a mangy dog who just so happened to be on the wrong place at the wrong time.

Until he saw them tearing some clothes,...

"HEY!" he called and ran towards them.

The thugs heard his loud voice despite the noise made by the pouring rain. They looked at him, and when they realized who he was, their skin turned deathly pale.

"I - it's,..."

"FUCK! IT'S CAPTAIN LEVI!"

"WE'RE DOOMED!"

"RUN FOR IT!"

And before he could even beat the living daylights out of them, they ran away like some pathetic chickens who were escaping a butcher.

He didn't bother to chase after them. He went towards the victim of their bullying.

And right there, he saw her: a small, degraded figure, clothes awfully torn and skin horribly wounded. It was a miracle that he made it in time.

For if not, who knows what will happen to her?

"Are you okay?" he asked her, trying to cover her body with his own, wet jacket.

It was no use. The moment his jacket touched her skinny frame, she looked up at him with those unidentified colored eyes. They were wide and filled with fear.

"NO!" she cried in an anguished voice. She quickly stood up and ran away from him like a lunatic.

"WAIT!" he bellowed but, it was no use.

He heard no news of her the next day. As time went by, he had forgotten that particular incident which occurred in that dark alley four years ago. He had forgotten that girl who refused his offer of help. He didn't see her after that,...

Until now,...

I will fight for you, Levi,...

Levi slowly opened his eyes, trying his best to battle with the excruciating pain he felt in his body. His stomach we're in knots and his feet were numb. He felt another round of vomit escaping his mouth. That's when he saw,...

"FUCKING BITCH!" the villain roared, grabbing (F/N)'s neck and lifting her. The girl couldn't escape him despite her efforts. The man threw her away like she was a rag doll. (F/N) landed just inches away from Levi.