XLIX- Trauma Comes in All Shapes and Sizes

Welcome my lovelies, to the second half of BCD. I hope you enjoy, don't forget to vote and comment!

-------------------------------------------

I jump when I hear the door slam. Shawn wraps his arms around me, his chin rests on the top of my head, "Are you okay?"

"I thought he was going to kill me." I admit.

He holds me for a moment, safe and comforting, "I told you I would never let that happen. You handled yourself so well, Livia."

All of the adrenaline from before has disappeared, leaving only fear for what just happened. I take a step back from Shawn, touching my neck. "He pinned me against the wall. He was choking me." I say as I begin to cry. I'm not as strong as he thinks, I was just angry. He might never come back but both of our families live in Brookview. What if we run into each other and he tries to hurt me again?

"It's okay, it's okay." He wraps his arms around me again, this time my head rests on his chest as I cry. I'm so sick of crying but I can't stop it. He whispers in my ear and promises he's going to protect me. I'm not sure how that's possible, he can't be with me twenty four seven. I didn't want to call the police, I made that decision and I have to stand by it. He needs help not jail, at least that's what I'll tell myself. "Livia?" He whispers.

"Yeah?" I lift my head to look up at him.

Shawn lifts his hand to my face and the pads of his thumb wipes away my tears. "I love you too." I can't believe what I'm hearing. I remember telling Dean that I love him. He had to have heard me right? It wasn't long before Shawn got Dean off of me. I didn't have time to think, I just said I did. I suppose Katherine was right because I do love him. What I feel for Shawn is more than I've ever felt for anyone. "You don't have to say anything if you didn't mean what you told Dean. I just thought you should know that I don't just care about you. Believe me I never thought I would fall for a student, and with my fucked up history-" He pauses, still holding my face in his hand. "I didn't want to admit it to myself because I know I can't give you a normal relationship. As long as I'm your teacher we can never really be anything. You don't deserve it."

I shake my head, "I meant what I said to Dean." I lift up and press his lips against mine. When I pull away we're still mere inches apart. "I love you, Shawn." It's always been him.

"It still doesn't change the fact that I can't give you a real relationship. Not to mention you need to heal from all of this." I know what he's saying and I agree. I want to dive deep and obsess over Shawn but I need to take a minute to take care of myself.

"I understand and you're right. Can you just stay tonight?"

He smiles, it's real as it reaches his eyes. "I'm not going anywhere tonight."

Shawn leans in and kisses me, I know this might actually be the last night we'll be together for a while. Still, I'm happy to have him here and with me. Shawn takes my hand and leads me downstairs where he dropped the food he brought. We spend the rest of the night on the couch laughing at a stupid comedy. I try to forget about what happened but it stays at the back of my mind. I have no idea what's going to happen in the future or between Shawn and I. All I know is that it's all over for now.

One month Later...February 4th

"Good, but your stance is off." I look down and try to fix my feet. Once I do I begin hitting the punching bag. Shawn doesn't have to show me from behind anymore but I've still got a lot of work to do. "That's enough for today, we need to shower and go to school." I drop my arms at my sides and take my gloves off.