Day Seven - Red-Hot

Millie's P.O.V.

We slowly walked backwards, unable to look at Maddie's corpse for any longer. I saw Sadie pull out her phone and then frown at it. "It's drained, which is weird, because it was full when we got here." Her arm was around me but I barely felt it, nor did I hear her voice clearly. She softly took my phone from my pocket and, despite feeling awful about it, I was happy she'd never known Maddie. "No service? I've had full service the whole time." She muttered to herself before giving me my phone back. She worked her way through the group, checking everyone's phones, while still holding me. All of our phones were either drained or had no service. "Someone's fucking with us. Someone who really doesn't want us to call the cops." She made the remaining Losers and Gaten guard the body while she escorted me towards Lexi and Henry's cabin.

"Hey, it's an emergency, do either of you have phone service or any way to contact the outside world right now?" Sadie asked as soon as the door opened. Lexi didn't even seem surprised and calmly shook her head. "Nope, stopped a few minutes ago. Why? Did you find the body?" I flew out of Sadie's arms and slammed Lexi against the door. I didn't even realize what I was doing until I had her pinned against it, slowly suffocating. "How did you know!" I yelled in her face. I expected her to writhe, to drop the cool mask and scream. But she didn't. Instead she looked me in the eyes and, with a voice hoarse from being choked, said "Because she was obviously dead." I slammed her head against the door again and saw a bloody mark where it did. "Why didn't you tell us! Are you in on it?" She shook her head as much as she could and Sadie finally sprung into action. She pulled me off of the small girl. "Millie, calm down." I pushed Sadie away. "No, I will not calm down, we just found the dead body of my best friend and you expect me to calm down? You know what. Fuck. You." I flipped her the finger and stormed off into the woods, tears streaming down my face.

"Millie? Is that you?" I'd been running for a while when I heard Finn's voice. "Finn?" I whispered back, stopping in my tracks and looking around into the darkness that I hadn't realized surrounded me. "Are you real? Is it actually you this time?" There was a broken tone in his voice that made me want to cry. "Yes, Finn. It's actually me. Ask me something only I could know." His voice somehow seemed to come from all around me. "Okay then, what did I call my own and my brother's bike?" I sighed, trying to recall the names. "Holly and Wonder?" I asked and a branch snapped behind me. I turned around and ran towards Finn. I threw my arms around him, tears streaming down both of our faces. "I've missed you, man." I whispered. "I-I thought I'd killed you." The usual watermelon smell of his hair was replaced by the smell of dirt and rotting wood. "Millie, you have to go. I have to do something and if he finds out you're with me and not dead-" I cut him off. "I know. He'll kill Jack." Finn hugged me one last time before he ran off. I slowly began to make my way back to the camp. Maybe the police were finally there.

I entered the camp next to cabin number nine and was immediately grabbed roughly by unknown hands. I screamed but someone else put a hand over my mouth to shut me up. I couldn't see their faces due to the masks they were wearing but based on their height I suspected it was David and Matthew. I was forced to walk to the front and Matthew opened the door, throwing me into Sadie's arms. I looked around and noticed that all of the remaining Losers and Strangers, which by this point meant just Gaten, Sadie, Jaeden, Wyatt, Jeremy, Chosen, and I, already sitting on the beds of the cabin. "What's going on?" I asked, my voice hurting because of the screaming. "We're still trying to work out exactly what's happening but we have a theory. Chosen?" Jeremy said. Chosen grabbed the notebook, which contained a lot of theories on everything, and opened it to the most recent page. "So, we know that - uhm - what happened to Maddie, but we don't know who did what. We're pretty sure the kidnapping of the others was carried out by the same person or people or their accomplices. We now know that the leaders of the camp, Modine, Ryder, and Harbour, have to do with it but we're not sure about the helpers or the Duffers. We do know that Shannon must've known something and that the kidnapped ones are being forced to kidnap others." He took a sip from a bottle of water sat next to him. "Also no one at the camp has phone service, they're blocking it somehow so we can't call the cops."

We gave up on trying to get out after two hours. Everything was blocked and barricaded. I tried my hardest to ignore my emotions and keep my breakdown away until later by keeping a red-hot anger burning inside of me. Around 3 am Wyatt was the first to fall asleep. Jaeden carefully moved him out of the way and we dragged the four mattresses into the middle of the room. It took us some time but eventually we managed to all fit. I was squished between Sadie and Wyatt, who was basically in Jaeden's arms. Next to him Chosen tossed and turned while Gaten and Jeremy slept below our feet and Maddie slept in a hole in the earth. I imagined Sophia, Jack, Noah, Caleb, and Finn were asleep in some hut in the woods, trying to find comfort in each other's breathing like we were.