Day One - Red Hair

Millie's POV

"Have fun!" I waved at my mom while she drove off, turning to the, by now familiar, main building of the camp to tell them I'd arrived. "Millie! Back again?" Matthew yelled, looking up from his computer. "Yup, what cabin do I have this time?" He scrolled through a document for a bit. "Cabin number five." I nodded. "Is Maddie here yet?"
"Oh you don't know yet..."
"Don't know what?" I asked, frowning. "Maddie won't be here this year, you have a new roommate, Sadie Sink. She's new here so be kind. She's already here, by the way." I tried to hide the disappointed look on my face. Maddie and I both started coming to this camp in the same year. For the past four years we've always shared a cabin. "Okay, thanks!" I walked out and towards the blue cabin marked 5.

Before opening the door I inhaled deeply. Change wasn't my forte and I was honestly quite nervous about meeting Sadie. But I knew she'd be more nervous, first years always are. I knocked, hearing a muffled "one second" coming from inside. The door opened and I was face to face with an angel. Her red hair was like winter fire, her eyes shone like the moon on a lake, her beautiful face stunned me in place, her sweet voice when she asked me if I was Millie made me melt. I nodded, probably looking like an idiot, and walked in. "So, which bed do you want?" She asked, snapping me from my daze. "I don't care, you choose." I replied, to be honest I wanted the one on the left but if she wanted that, it'd be no problem. "So how about I take the one on the right and you take the left, is that okay?" She asked, sounding quite unsure. "That's perfect." I replied, still feeling like I was floating because of her. She started unpacking some stuff and I did the same. She absentmindedly started to hum and it only took me a few seconds to recognize the song.
"Oh miss believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow
on the road."
I sang and she turned around instantly. "Wait you like Twenty One Pilots?" I nodded and she smiled a smile that could light up a room.

I'd gotten to know Sadie a bit better in the hour leading up to lunch. I'd found out that her parents were getting a divorce so they shipped her off to a camp for the summer to work everything out, she was a dog person, she leaned more towards Fall Out Boy while I preferred Coldplay, her favorite Twenty One Pilots album was Vessel, mine was Blurryface, she liked theatre, I'm more interested in on-screen acting, and she's a dog person. Finally the lunch bell was heard all over the grounds and we walked towards the main hall, chatting about Josh Dun on the way. We walked in and I immediately spotted my friends already sitting at our table. Caleb and Gaten had started going to the camp two years before me, Finn one year before me, and Noah one year after me. I dragged Sadie over to them and we sat down. "Where's Mads?" Noah asked, biting into his sandwich. The food was served to the tables which was pretty cool. "Mads isn't here this year, meet Sadie, my new roommate." I replied and she waved at them lamely. They quickly introduced themselves and I zoned out while eating my lunch. Turned out I was staring at Sadie, only stopping when she snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Millie! Are you even paying attention." Finn yelled from the other side of the table. "Yeah, stop staring and answer the question." Gaten backed him up. "What question?" I asked, frowning at them. "Oh well I made a joke about being gay so now Sadie wants to know our sexualities." Noah answered. I swallowed nervously. "Please don't hate me but I'm pan, like Finn." I said, looking at Sadie like I expected her to yell at me. Instead she held up her hand. "High five, I'm gay." She replied and I quickly complied. "Mills, did you have to out me like that?" Finn asked me, pointing at me with his straw. "You would've outed yourself by pointing at a frying pan and saying 'me' eventually anyways." I said, rolling my eyes at him. "She has a point, you do do that." Caleb backed me up. Finn got up, rolling his eyes but smiling at us. "I'm gonna go sit with my friends now." He announced, walking over to a different table. He did this every lunch, spend the first half with us and the second half with Wyatt, Jaeden, Sophia, Chosen, Jeremy, and, most importantly, Jack Dylan Grazer, the boy he'd had a crush on since he met him. "I'm sorry did I say something wrong?" Sadie asked, looking at Finn's back. "Nah, it's an inside joke, you're good. He just likes to sit with the Losers every now and then." Caleb replied.