Chapter 2: Another Guardian

Enjoy,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicole's POV

Jake and me left the pack house and headed into the woods in the direction of my house. Once we were deep enough in the woods we shifted into our wolves, Jake jumped ahead as he shifted so he could be in the lead. I didn't care. Once he shifted I forget what his wolf looked like. His wolf was a dark grey and he haves intense black eyes. He was getting bigger, maybe because he's going to be Alpha in a few years.

I shifted right after him shaking my fur out a bit. The night were getting colder as winter comes on. We started to walk, neither of us made noise. That was until Jake stopped and looked over his shoulder at me. I stopped also looking up at him from the ground confused. He shook his head at me then we continued walking, I stared at the ground kicking the dead leaves every once in a while. I saw a shadow from the corner of my eye. I froze and looked over. Jake noticed and stopped looking over then he sniffed the air.

"It's just a fox." He said and I looked at him and blinked. Oh, a fox. He narrowed his eyes at me and I just swallowed a lump in my throat before continuing to walk passing Jake who was staring at me confused. I suddenly stopped and looked back at him.

"You coming?" I asked and he nodded his head quickly like he was just thinking. He ran up to me but he was slightly ahead.

"Earlier, when talking to the old man. You were going to say something else." He said and I shook my head. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Lair."

"I don't want to talk about it ok!" I spoke up glaring at him and he looked at me.

"Well maybe I do." He growled and my eyes widened at what I saw. His eyes turned a bright red for just a second before going back to his normal wolf black eyes. I stepped away from him shocked and he blinked dazzled before looking at me. "It's just you need an older sibling to help you. "

"What, Derek is fine, he's teaching me stuff." I said and he shook his head.

"I mean an older sibling to tell you what to do. Plus Derek is going through his Alpha shifting so he really isn't looking after you. So I'm going to step in until he can control it. First off, maybe I should talk to Brent and Sally about you being home-schooled, you should get back to going to a public school as a first step. Then..." He stopped thinking and I raised an eyebrow.

"And?" I questioned.

"I don't know yet. Let's just start with that." He mumbled annoyed.

"I really don't want to." I added and he glanced at me as we started to walk again.

"Why not?"

"Because..." I stopped and Jake was now the one raising an eyebrow.

"Well, then I talk to them about it." He said and I looked at him, he smiled lightly. "So how about it, what else were you going to say back there when talking to the old man?"

"I-I don't remember." I said and he looked at me for a few seconds before nodding his head. We fell quiet again and for the rest of the walk. I stared at the ground kicking leaves every five steps and Jake seemed to be thinking to himself. Once I saw the light of my house, Jake did also.

"Ok , well your home safe and sound. I should get heading back, Sammy is waiting for me." He smiled saying bye to me and I said goodnight to him before he ran off to the woods towards the pack house. I glanced back at the woods thinking of weather or not to go for a quick run around. Then I remember that it's late and Derek is in the woods. I exhaled a breath and turned around heading to the house.