Chapter 10: Confusion

Enjoy,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Man's POV

I sat in my office waiting for Nicole but she hasn't showed up yet, which was a bit unusual if you ask me because Nicole is usually up early and already here by eight but now it's nine in the morning.

I got up from my desk forgetting the paper work and headed into the kitchen where I found Sammy, Mark, and Zelly sitting in the kitchen talking to each other. I raised an eyebrow at them and they all looked at me. I never expected them to get along since Sammy is Jake's mate, then Zelly's Drake's mate, and Mark is one of Silverest's Guardians.

"Hey old man." Sammy said and I looked over at her and nodded only.

"What are you three up to?" I asked going over to get coffee.

"I'm just telling them about the pack and what they would expect plus who everyone is." Sammy told me and I nodded.

"Have any of your guys seen Nicole?" I asked and Sammy and Zelly shook their heads but Mark looked at me weird. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean if we have seen Nicole?" Mark asked and I exhaled a breath.

"She's usually here by eight every day, then I have someone over to school her for a few hours."

"Where has Mrs. Harley been?" Sammy asked confused noticing that the teacher has been missing the last two weeks.

"Vacation," I replied and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"And you haven't bother getting a teacher to replace her for those two weeks?" She said standing up from her seat.

"Nicole's a much brighter kid then you think, even Mrs. Harley said that It would be easier just to not get a teacher for the two weeks." I replied and Sammy shook her head at me annoyed, I shrugged. Mark then grabbed his head and I looked over at him.

"I'm trying to contact Nicole but she's blocking her mind or something. It feels like she's in stress, scared or something." Mark said the he closed his eyes. "Wait, I got through." He fell quiet for a few moments then he opened his eyes.

"I got to her wolf and she scared."

"That's unnatural." Sammy said confused and I nodded my head then turned around headed to my office.

"Sammy call Sally and Brent, make sure Nicole is okay." I said then closed the door to my office and locked it. Setting down my coffee on my desk I turned around and closed my eyes taking a deep breath. "Leah, this is Alpha Dean Wolfe of the Dark Forest Pack. I need to speak with you for a moment." I spoke out loud, a few seconds later I opened my eyes and looked up.

"Dean, I was going to come see you anyways." Leah spoke and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"For what?"

"Where the hell is Jake?"

"Missing." I replied sitting down at my desk, she walked over standing in front of me with a frown on her face.

"Missing?" She repeated and I sighed rubbing my face with my hands.

"Yes, he disappeared the other day after I asked him to do something." I told her and she raised an eyebrow. "The other day, I noticed a weird sent on Nicole that smells like Drake and she doesn't wear his necklace anymore but Zelly does. I sent out Jake to follow the sent and he never came back." I explained to her. "I'm freaking out right now but-"

"Your an Alpha and have to stay calm and collective." Leah said and I nodded.

"Yes, and now I think Nicole is missing too because she hasn't came here yet today." I added in.

"Jake and possibly Nicole are missing?" She said and I nodded.

"I'm one hundred percent sure it isn't Darks." I told her, she shook her head turning around ignoring me for a moment. "Now why did you want to come here?" I asked looking through papers.

"I can't sense Jake anymore." She said not believing what she was saying.

"What?" I shouted jumping up from my chair.

"I always make sure Jake is okay, but then he started fading away and now I can't sense him." She said sounding confused. One thing I learned is that Leah has never been confused. "It's not that he's dead, it's like his wolf, his wolf spirit has died." She said.

"That doesn't add up at all." I told her then something came to mind, "How about Nicole maybe she was taken by the same people?"

"She's in the forest, but underground?" She spoke puzzled a moment later, I blinked confused then there was a knock on the door.

"Old man?" Sammy called. I looked at Leah then went over to my desk sitting down and picking up the phone.

"I'll take to you later Leah." I told her and she smiled lightly before fading away, "Come in." I told Sammy and she came in while I put the phone down looking like I just finished a call.

"I called and they have no idea where she is, Derek ran off into the woods when he saw her gone. Mark just ran out the door a few seconds ago too." She told me

"Okay, I need you to call guys up to make a search team. I need at least ten to twelve people." I told her and she nodded before leaving the room. Sammy is awfully calm when she knows that her mate's missing. I smiled lightly at that, she's going to be a great Alpha Female once I step down, soon.

-----------------------------------------------

Nicole's POV

I stared at Jake as he paced around the room trying to talk to his wolf but he's not getting anything back in reply. Standing up I went over to the door knowing it was lock but I could sense that someone was outside the door.

"Not good, not good, not good! Gah!" Jake yelled punch then wall then groaned in pain falling to the ground holding his hand to his chest. "He stole my wolf!" He shouted angered then started shouting a string of curse words.

"Jake calm down." A voice behind the door spoke quietly, I looked at the door confused. Jake groan falling onto his back, his hand still bloody from punching the wall.

"I can't even freakin' heal!" He shouted.

"Nicole calm him." The voice said again, I blinked at the voice. He sounded familiar.

"Why?" I questioned back and Jake fell quietly looking at me.

"What?" Jake said puzzled.

"Because I told you to." The voice said slightly annoyed, I crossed my arms and leaned against the door not listening to him.

"Why do you care?" I mumbled not caring that Jake was quiet and listening, "I don't listen to Darks."

"I'm not a Dark." He replied.

"Then what are you because what other creature wants a freakin' soon to be Alpha and a fourteen year old girl?" I questioned and I heard him hit his head against the door a few times annoyed.

"I didn't kidnap you guys, my...boss did." He told me and I rolled my eyes even though I know he can't see me.

"Then get away, what's the point of you standing out there."

"I have my reasons." He said.

"Well I told you to go so leave." I told him growling and a few moments later I heard him walk away.

"Nicole?" Jake said and I turned to him.

"Huh?" I asked as I watched him sit up

"I'm scared." He said truthfully and I bit my lip then went over and sat down next to him.

"I know." I mumbled quietly and he sighed.

"I don't think I'll ever get my wolf back?"