Chapter 3: Something's up

Here's another chapter, sorry or the super late update, but I decided to take a break from studying for the final exams and wrote a quick chapter, this is in Derek's point of view, hope you like. You'll get to learn a little more about him and a few other things.

Enjoy,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derek's POV

No Alpha mode....

No Alpha mode...

No Alpha mode.....

Dammit, I got to stop thinking. I have to relax, I still don't have any control of it and I'm not going to any time soon. I've already freaked out enough today.  

So far today I Alpha shifted twice which is good. Now my muscles hurt like heck and I can just barely walk. The old man told me that I'm halfway through it, but I feel like it just began. The worst part about it is shifting into my wolf, honestly it feels awful but not as painful when I was forced into shifting by the leader of the Darks. Now that, I felt like I was going to die. I could hear my bones breaking and I couldn't control it. My inner wolf was whimpering in pain. I have never heard that before.

Also what happen today, this morning Jake came running back to the pack house where the old man was teaching me some Alpha stuff, he had Nicole in his arms and she was knocked out again. The old man had him lay her on the couch as he went to get someone, and the pack doctor was out so he called Sally...You know Nicole's mom, my adopted mother. She came in a hurry, it scared me when I saw her in wolf mode while I was looking out the living room window, she came running from the woods. I have never seen her in wolf mode at all, and I know I've lived with her for over a year.

But honestly adults don't see the need to shift as much as the younger kids. We have a lot more energy then adult werewolves and usually an adult werewolf over forty can go two years without shifting. But if your an Alpha werewolf that's different, they have to shift a lot more often, so an Alpha werewolf can go two months without shifting if they're over forty. But over that time and their inner wolf will get restless and start begging to be let go for a few hours.

Back to Nicole and Jake, after about an hour Nicole woke up and Jake after a few minutes started asking her questions, It's hard trying to calm down a soon to be Alpha who is trying to protect his pack. Ok so it just so happens that Nicole has been running out to the waterfall for the past three weeks. How did I not notice that? Thing was she couldn't sleep in her room because she could smell Drake's sent, and never could fall asleep. I've been in her room a few times and I can't smell not a hint of Drake's sent, and his room is down the hall from hers, so it's kinda hard to explain that reason.

Second thing was that she was encounter by an unknown werewolf who was passing on territory, a rogue. Nicole said that his name was Mark Speed....Where have I heard that name before? Honestly it sounds awfully familiar. Then again it could be a fake name, most rogues do that. Thought this wasn't any normal rogue werewolf, Nicole says that he's one of Silverest's Guardians. Ok did not expect that. I was thinking that the other two guardians would be high leveled werewolves. Like maybe a son of an Alpha, or an werewolf from an old pack, like the Hickory Pack that Peter's from or the Blackcloud pack.

The Blackcloud pack, they are not big but they are an old pack that my old pack use to touch territories with. Never cared about them honestly, they were a just newly developed pack and they called themselves the Blackcloud pack. I don't remember anything but that, when I turned five, my father started teaching me about being the Alpha of the pack. First was learning a little bit about the surrounding packs, their Alpha's and a bit of their history but we never finished before we were invaded by Darks. That was the last time I ever saw my pack. I was shoved into a bag, after they killed my mate, and brought to the Dark's one of many hideouts.