Chapter 4: Awaken

Sorry for the late update,

Enjoy,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicole's POV

"I'm going for a run." I told my parents once I was done with breakfast and they just nodded their heads. Derek looked at me with an eyebrow raised and I gave him a light smile. "I'm fine Derek is was just a dream." I told him and he just nodded lightly exhaling a breath. I got up from my seat and headed to the back door. I put on my shoes and then ran outside to the forest. Once I was in I shifted into my wolf and decided to head to the waterfall then to the pack house to talk to the old man about my creepy dream. Shaking my fur I headed off towards the waterfall, I sniffed the air quickly also. I could smell a few wolf a ways off towards the pack house, though I wanted to be alone.

As I ran I jumped over dead branches, fallen trees, rocks, and small streams. I didn't bother run at full speed because I didn't want to lose my breath. The sun peeked through the tree branches and there was a slight breeze. Winter was coming, but the leaves have just fallen. So I'm still unsure about when there will be snow. Wolves like the spring and summer better, as for winter we don't enjoy the cold much. Our body temperatures are slightly higher then a humans so when is come to the cold we hate it a little more then humans.

I looked up at the sky then in front of me, a large bolder was up ahead. I smiled then ran a bit faster. Hoping to jump over it without touching it, I jumped up and while I was in the air, I saw something moving fast towards me from the corner of my eye. Turning my head to see what it was but wasn't able to the thing crashed into me. We both flew to the side and hit the ground, tumbling over a few times.

"Ow." I mumbled weakly turning over onto my stomach, lifting my head I looked up and around then noticed a dark grey wolf laying on their side groaning in pain. I tilted my head confused. It looked a lot like Jake, but this one was smaller then Jake's wolf. The wolf opened it's eyes, I flinched back. They had the same green eyes as Jake which confused me, they closed their eyes. What I didn't expect to happen was it to change, and I didn't mean into their human form. I mean their fur changed color, it opened their eyes again. I stared at it puzzled,

"Who are you?" I spoke shocked as I stared at me. They wolf changed into me, with silver fur and my eyes. How is that even possible?

"Hi, Silverest." He spoke and I knew who it was now by his voice.

"Mark?" I said confused and he smiled lightly, standing up and shook himself. I stood up also and narrowed my eyes at him. "How? I mean...You look like me?" I questioned and he looked down at his paws.

"Oh, yay I'm a chameleon wolf." He spoke quietly and I stared at him confused.

"What's that?"

"My special power is that I can change into a splitting image of the wolf I see, but I stay the same size I am." He told me and I shook my head.

"Don't you have your own wolf color?" I questioned and he nodded lightly.

"Yeah, but I need my picture. Shifted back." He said and I nodded shifting back, he shifted back also and put his hand in his pocket, he pulled out a folded picture then handed it to me. I opened and took a look at it.

"Oh wow," I said and he smiled lightly. I looked down at a small wolf pup with pure black fur, his paws were white and the tip of his muzzle also.

"That was when I first shifted, then a few weeks later I saw my Alpha shift and I felt myself freeze up, I whimpered scared but then noticed that I changed into a tiny version of the Alpha." He chuckled a bit and I smiled lightly. "Here, hold it out so I can see it." He told me and I held out the photo. He went in front of it and they shifted, he was me for a second but then he closed his eyes and changed into the tiny pup in the photo. He opened his eyes and I looked at them amazed, "Weird color isn't it?" He asked and I nodded lightly going down to eye level with him. He had dark purple eyes, I have to say he had amazing eyes.