WolfChild: Illusions of Silver [book 3]

Hello all my little WolfChild fans, how ya'll doin' ? As you can see I have the third book up in the WolfChild series and It's going to be the last book of the series, hopefully.

Ok, so this is set about a year later but still in the same little town. Nicole is now a bit older, fourteen years old. Derek is sixteen, Jake is twenty-one, the old man is..um..older, and so on.

So sense I'm no really great at the cheesy introductions to a story here it is,

Enjoy,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicole's POV

Drake....He's still dead.

I exhaled a long breath closing my eyes as my eyes watered. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up at Derek, he's face blank. I bit my lip looking back down at the Drake's grave. His name, birth and death where carved into the stone, along with a wolf howling in the corner. Today was a year after Drake's death, the day I promised myself that he is gone for good.

I was hoping for a whole long year that Drake is somehow alive and I promised myself that he's really dead when next year comes around. Well, he's gone. I turned around from the grave and started walking away from it, I could hear Derek behind me. He's body is still missing, the whole building was searched but no Drake was found.

"We're heading back, I guess." Derek mumbled quietly and I just nodded my head my eyes watering a bit, before I burst out crying. Derek signed lightly and hugged me. "It's ok, Nicole. Drake wanted this, he saved your life so that you can kill the leader." He whispered and I shook my head.

"It's unfair though." I choked out, "He's been around to save me and I wasn't able to help him when he needed it." Looking up at Derek, he stared down at me before nodding his head lowering his head.

"I know, I know." He whispered then put his hands in his pockets looking over into the woods, "I need to go for a run, okay?" He asked and I nodded head seeing his eyes changed into their wolf black.

"I got to go see the old man anyways." I mumbled wiping my eyes trying to stop crying. Derek patted my back lightly.

"You guys only knew each other for a year, yet you both loved each other as much as siblings could." He said and I nodded my head lightly, blinking away tears. "Ok I really need to go." He said I nodded my head again as he ran of towards the woods, out of sight. I inhaled a shaky breath and headed down the rode to the pack house. It would be quicker to run through the woods but I didn't feel like it, especially since Derek's in there in wolf form.

Derek is sixteen now and sense he has Alpha blood in him, he tends to change into his wolf without any control. It's an Alpha thing and Derek haves to learn how to tame his inner wolf who is turning Alpha. What ever that means. I heard the old man and him taking one day about it after Derek turned sixteen, a few months back. It could take up to a year before he can control his inner 'Alpha' wolf. I glanced back at the cemetery then tensed up turning away.

*Nicole, dear, just think about something else*

I'm trying but I can't. It's been a year, and still no sign of Drake's body.

*He's gone, get it straight okay.*

Just quiet, please.

*Okay*

My inner wold has been gently the past year also. I looked at the trees lining the sidewalk that lead into the woods. I sighed then spun around to make sure no one was looking before running into the woods shifting into my wolf. The pack house isn't far, and I doubt Derek is around here. He ran into the woods on the other side of the cemetery. I ran looking around at my surroundings. Dead leaves, plants and leave-less trees. It's matches my mood right now, quiet and sad.