Chapter 12: Falling into place

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------

Old Man's POV

"What do you need, you two?" I stood over my desk thinking but nothing seem to come to mind to where those two would be. I haven't heard word on the search team either.

"We're smelling traces of a vampire around the woods of your old territory." Luke spoke and I turned around facing them.

"And you came over here to tell me this." I spoke and they looked at one another.

"Well we have noticed for a while now but now were noticing something unusual about this one. " He added and I nodded my head for them to continue. "We found a dead deer that was dried of blood, but what seemed off about it was that wolf prints were all over the ground."

"Could there have been a wolf and a vampire hunting together." I asked. It wasn't unknown that two different creatures would hunt together. Most cases it would be a rouge wolf and vampire hunting to survive.

"That's the problem. There was only one sent." Luke spoke and I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion. One sent. But the animal was dried of blood and wolf prints were around the body.

"This doesn't make sense." I mumbled.

"What about a cross breed of a vampire and wolf?" Seth spoke up and both Luke and me shook our heads.

"It's not possible." I told him. "If a vampire and wolf were to have a child it would be either a wolf or a vampire but they would have both wolf and vampire genes running in them. Though considering it's extremely rare for these two creatures to be mates. There isn't a single soul on Earth that has a vampire parent and a wolf parent."

"But it has happened before?" Luke asked and I nodded.

"Yes, but she died from a Dark attack at five years old. Her whole pack did. The pack kept secret of the child though. She was a rare one. There has been one like here in more then five hundred years." I told them and they exchanged looks.

"It was a Ghost Pack wasn't it?" Luke questioned and I nodded.

"How do you know this?" Seth questioned.

"I have never heard of this. I was thinking of the last cross breed from over five hundred years ago. So there has been a child not too long ago with both genes running in her body." Luke spoke confused and slightly shock. "How do you know this?"

"The Ghost Pack's Alpha was a good friend of mine back in the day. But he was know for being a secret and quiet man. They were an old pack. Well over a thousand years old. I was the only one outside of the pack to know of her."

"What was so special about her?" Seth asked and I grinned lightly.

"All wolves have a gift. For me I know when someone is lying in a heartbeat. For Nicole its the fact she is a legend. Some gifts are better then others but that's what we're given."

"Where are you getting at old man?" Luke spoke.

"She could teleport, in the blink of an eye." I answered him.

"Thats insane."

"I don't see the point of all this with the animal that killed the dead and everything else that's going on here." Seth added in and I grinned. Of course they wouldn't.

"Just cut to the chase old man. Alright. You have you son and Nicole missing right now and it isn't any time for stalling."

"I have her body. She only has a stomach wound that killed her." I told them. "I took her body and placed it in a freezer. To keep her from decaying."

"Why?"

"I was visited by the sun goddess telling me that the legend of Silverest would be brought back and that the mixed breed was to become a strong leader. Leah told me to make sure that the mixed breed will be okay. What I didn't realize was that Nicole would be born into my pack. That's why. Once Nicole has become powerful enough she would be able to bring her soul back to the body. Because her soul is older then the body, Nicole will need to help her soul age the body to how old the soul is. It will drain a lot of her energy but it would be worth it." I told then and they still seemed slightly confused.

"Why was she important?" Luke asked.

"She's a rare one. You don't want to throw something rare away would you?" I asked and they just shrugged. Of course.

"Who was she then?" Seth asked.

I grinned, "Derek's mate, Lily."

------------------------

Nicole's POV

I don't think it was me because the room was getting cooler. I hated it. I have been in here for too many hours and my fingers were becoming numb. I couldn't feel my feet as of right now. I don't see why he put me in here. I didn't do anything to make him angry.

*Nicole, your body is going to pass out from the cold.* my wolf spoke and I just mumbled an I know.

What's the point of it anyways?

*Its to keep you from shifting.*

That's it?

*pretty much, you're strong enough to break the door down. But it's too late now*

Why didn't you tell me!

*Because! You were out cold for too long before you woke up.*

Oh. I mumbled in my head the sighed quietly.

I'm going to freeze to death pretty much.

---------------------

Old Man's POV

Luke was walking around my office in deep thinking and I know what he's thinking. It wasn't hard for anyone to notice the obvious.

"Okay, old man. Explain all of this! What the hell is going on here? To me, it seems like everything is happening at once. You have your son missing, Silverest is missing, an unknown mixed breed running around in the woods, a dead girl's body, lets not forget Zelly, and Drake's body is still freakin' missing! What's going on?!" He yelled and I just looked up at him.

"Yes, everything is happening at once. Though it is not of my doing."

"It freakin' seems like it to me! You are not giving a care in the world about what's going on around you! Do you not care for your pack!"

"I do care." I told him and he just shook his head.

"Then why aren't you doing anything!?"

"Because." I spoke. "Jake is becoming the Alpha." He stopped and looked at me. The confusion in his eyes was noticeable.

"Explain, now Alpha Dean. Explain what the hell is going on!"

"Alrighty than." I mumbled then sat back in my chair. "Jake isn't just going to be the Alpha of the Dark Forest Pack. He's not just in control of the pack but also Nicole, who is a legendary wolf. He also isn't just a full werewolf." I looked at Luke and Seth as they just stood there listening. "You know who Rain is right?"

"He created vampires. He's our God." Seth spoke in an obvious tone and I just nodded my head.

"Yes and his parents are the Moon and the Sun. Though the Sun doesn't just have one child." I told him, they raised their eyebrows at me.

"So you're telling me that the werewolf Goddess has another child, another person who has her blood running into their blood?" Luke questioned and I just nodded my head.

"Jake's not just my son, he's also Leah's son. That's why everything is happening. He needs to be able to handle it, before he becomes Alpha."

-----------------------------------------------------------

so Luke sorta got some answers out of the old man. plus if you haven't noticed I haven't been updating as much. I have a bit of a writers block and I've been busy with helping my dad at work and also rewriting a book.

SEE YA LATER!!!!