Celebrity Interview: Chapter Thirty-Three: Comforting The Beast

The next day, we were in Sunderland and so much was going on that I didn’t think I’d get the chance to go through the new numbers in my phone. Knowing I could possibly help him and couldn’t right now made being around Harry even harder than it was last night. He was irritable and looked like a mess. His hair was disheveled and looked like not even Lou, the boys’ amazing hair stylist, could fix it. He was wearing the same clothes as yesterday, and they were wrinkled beyond belief, making me believe that he had slept in them after sulking off the night before. To top off the entire look, his eyes were blood-shot and he had dark circles under his eyes that would put Dracula to shame. He was “The Beast”.

I tried to approach him once, only to have him glare fiercely at me. At that, I had backed away slowly and kept going until I had turned back into the hallway I came from. Then I turned around and high-tailed it to rehearsals.

We hadn't really needed rehearsals and it turned more into a Talking Club than anything. Steve had been reluctant to let us turn it into a club but eventually he started to join us.

Today, however, was different. Tonight I was told we had guest stars. All that was revealed to me was that I would meet then at rehearsals. Even more reason to sprint down the corridors.

When I had reached the two doors leading to the large room, whose size really didn't change no matter how many arenas we visited, I was breathing heavily.

As soon as I opened the door, I planked and used my hands to move myself along the smooth flooring.

"What's up, Ray?" I heard Louis' voice ask curiously.

"The ceiling." I replied sarcastically.

"Didn't see that one coming." another voice said in the same tone. I immediately stopped my dragging and closed my eyes.

No way.

I jumped up suddenly, not quite sure how I managed to get up so fast, and whirled around.

"Ash!"

He gasped comically. "Rays!" Along with the three others, he ran towards me.

"Opmph." was the only sound I made as four grown men slammed against me and pulled me into a group hug.

"We missed you!" Michael shouted in my ear, making me wince at the volume.

“We really did, we swear!” Calum said, making me grin as he slapped Michael over the head. He winced and recoiled back, sending Calum a fierce glare before sending me a grin as well.

I shook my head and ruffled Luke’s head, making his perfect quiff deflate. He pouted and released me from his hold. One down, three to go.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked them. They were still intent on their position with me squished between them.

“We would be the “guest stars”.” Luke explained, still pouting at me slightly. I reached out to poke his lip ring and he made an illegible noise before stopping with the pout.

As soon as the words registered, I jumped up and down. "Seriously? Guys, this is going to be so much fun! We can all be on stage together and sing songs and see fans and-"

"Woah, woah, woah." Niall said, shoving aside the boys and grabbing my hand, tugging me out of their impromptu hug circle. "You're going to crush her, lads!"

"She's a big girl!" Michael announced, then grabbing my other hand and caressed it.

I gave him a weird look. "Mikey, that's just a tad bit weird."

He looked down at me and frowned. "Your hand is soft."

I retracted my hand from his react, but not before gently patting his shoulder. "Lotion, sweetheart. Lotion."

He gasped, feigning disbelief. "No!"

I nodded. "Sorry to burst your bubble."

He hung his head low and went to Luke, who gave me a weird look when Mikey  hugged him, burying his head into his neck and "sobbing".

"Your antics are what keep me young." Paul walked into the room, shaking his head slightly at the sight of the hugging boys.

Niall was still clutching my hand, and he threaded his fingers through mine before turning to Paul. "Do you know the plan?"

He shrugged. "You all go on stage and be you, I suppose. I don't know what Simon was thinking with this one."

I grinned. "It's going to be so fun!"

"You have an hour until showtime though."

I began to panic, turning to Niall to plant a chaste kiss on his lips. "I need to go get ready. Desperately." I said as an afterthought, looking down to see my sweatpants.

"You look beautiful, but okay." Niall grinned at me.

A chorus of awws sounded through the room and I looked to the 5SOS boys to find them all melodramatically clutching at their chests. Calum even went as far as wiping a fake tear from his eye.

I shook my head at their "antics" (as Paul oh-so-kindly put it) before making a beeline to my dressing room.

I grinned when I finally opened the door, seeing a carefully thought-out outfit laid out on my sofa. It was different than the regular concert outfit, and it definitely fit what was going to happen tonight.

Before I grabbed the galaxy "5SOS" tee, I slipped my old white tank top off. Then I quickly replaced it and slipped off my gray sweatpants, tugging on the high waisted jean shorts in their place. With three rows of buttons and with the fact that they were relatively new, it took me a while before I finally got the buttons into their respective holes.

My nails had been done this morning before I did anything else, so I grabbed the bracelet from the sofa and slipped it on before grabbing the ring and earrings as well. Next, I took a minute or so to eye the shoes warily. I realized how hard it was to walk around in heels on stage, but with the thick heels, they were easily ten times better than the thin heels. So, still hoping that they wouldn't be that bad, I slipped them on and was pleasantly surprised to find that the heels didn't hurt and that I could walk in them. Running probably wouldn't happen, but at least walking would.

Yes, this is where it ends. The next chapter (and the six chapters after that) have been methodically planned out. This is where it is intended to end. The concert will continue in the next chapter, as well as another chapter's plot-line.

Thank you guys for being so patient! I have gotten many requests about updating, and if I didn't (kind of still) have writer's block, I'd be updating, you know, the next six or so chapters for ya'll. However, I do still have a touch of writer's block. But I will try my very hardest to push through it.

Also, HAPPY SUMMER VACATION! =)

-Meg