Celebrity Interview: Chapter Four: How Much Do They Know? (The Interview)

• Dedicated to Dad

Celebrity Interview:  Chapter Five:  Meet the Team and How Much Do They Know? (The Interview)

The flight to California wasn’t bad at all. I’ve heard airplane horror stories from people, and I didn’t have any stinky person next to me, or a child kicking my seat. I guess I got lucky.

“Please fasten your seatbelts and turn off any electronic devices. We’ll be landing on Los Angeles, California in twenty minutes.”

I sighed in relief as the cheery flight attendant said these words, as did everyone else. Just because I didn’t have any bad experience with airlines didn’t mean I wanted to sit on an airplane any longer than necessary.

I gathered up my phone and turned it off after I tweeted a quick “I’m landing soon! Here I come, California!” to all my followers.  Then I put my pen and pad of doodling paper into my handbag and fastened my seatbelt, tapping my nails against my thigh in anticipation.

 As I exited the terminal, I turned on my phone again. I was not accustomed to flying and I had no idea what to do next. I didn’t even know where the luggage claim was. Thankfully, Simon’s assistant, Sarah, didn’t have a problem sending me instructions. I read them over and walked to where she directed me. I sincerely hoped I wouldn’t get lost. 

Thankfully, she seemed to either have been to LAX before, or she definitely did her research, since I found the baggage claim without a problem and was just about to go outside to look for the car Sarah arranged for me.  But I wasn’t able to make it to the doors, because a row of girls wearing “I Am A Simptionian” tee-shirts blocked the entrance. My “déjà-vu” moment was cut short as soon as they saw me.  And ran towards me.

My eyes widened as I turned on my black pumps. Man, now I wished I hadn’t worn these death contraptions.

I wheeled my luggage behind as my sense kicked in. Look for security guard, look for security guard, I repeated over and over.

I guess mantras do help, because right after that I noticed three security guards jogging towards me. They take security seriously at LAX. I managed to get to the black sedan Sarah got for me with the help of the nice security guards. Of course, I talked with the fans first, even though they scared me half to death at the beginning, I knew they were just excited. So I signed a couple autographs and a couple hugs and I was on my way.

As I was riding, I turned up my iPod and jammed out in the back of the sedan like no one was watching. I belted out the lyrics and then decided to make a quick video, since it’s not like I had anything better to do.

“Hey, Simptonians! It’s Ray-Ray, and I’m on my way to the Ellen Show. Inside, I’m freaking out, but on the outside, I’m very composed. But don’t let my appearance give doubts, I really am freaking out. My first interview and I’m on national television. What if I completely spaz out and forget the answers to everything? Or what if there’s a wardrobe malfunction.” I started to breath more erratic that usual. As soon as I realized this, I stopped talking to calm down. “Okay, so no more freaking out; it’s not good for the health. Anyways, the reason I wanted to make this video was honestly ‘cause I got bored in the car. The other reason, which I just thought of, is to do some question answering. Since, like I said, I am bored.”

Then I stopped recording and tweeted the hash tag “AskRayRay”. That’s all it took for the questions to start coming.

As I started recording again, I tried to find some good questions. “Hm, how about this one. Shout-out to SpanishLatina0123 for this one. How do you like your pizza? With tomato sauce, cheese, and dough. Yup, I’m a plain cheese kind of girl, but I do like sausage and pepperoni occasionally. Sorry, vegetarians. I’m a bonafide carnivore.”