Celebrity Interview: Prologue: How It All Began

CELEBRITY INTERVIEW: CHAPTER ONE: HOW IT ALL BEGAN

Maybe it was the feeling of excitement that came over me when I posted a video, waiting to get a new comment on what they thought of my singing. Maybe it was the fact that there was a certain pride in getting positive feedback. Sure, there was some negative replies, but I tended to drown those out. I never have figured out why posting a video of me singing turned into a hobby, but over time it did.

As I dropped my backpack on the ground next to my bed, I climbed on and sighed in relief. It had been a long day, and my bed was comfortable right about now. Glancing at my calendar, I sighed, this time in relief, when I realized it was a Friday. That meant that I could post a video today. Of course, I had been on YouTube since last Friday, but actually filming, editing and posting a video was a lot more fun than just replying to comments.

I grabbed my laptop from where it had been lying on my pillow for the majority of the day and set it on the desk a mere five feet away. My room was small, but I had never wanted anything larger. It worked for what I needed to do with it. Plus, cleaning anything larger would be a pain.

I set up my microphone and printed a page of lyrics so I could tape it to the side of my screen. It always helped to have it there just in case, even though I was positive that I had this song memorized. It had been one of my favorites for weeks, after all.

After closing the door, I sat down in front of my webcam and pressed the start button after starting to smile.

"Hey, everyone! This week, I'll be doing a song you all may have heard of. It's called A Team and it's by the wonderful Ed Sheeran. Ed, if you're watching: you're amazing and never stop." I cleared my throat and breathed in and out before starting to sing.

White lips, pale face

Breathing in snowflakes

Burnt lungs, sour taste

Light's gone, day's end

Struggling to pay rent

Long nights, strange men

Any nervousness I may have felt before I started singing was gone now as my voice traveled around my small room. I adjusted my tone whenever I needed to, whenever my pitch was off.

It's too cold outside

For angels to fly

Angels to fly

To fly, fly

For angels to fly, to fly, to fly

For angels to die

"Well, guys. That's all for today. Remember to click the subscribe button and don't forget to comment what song you want me to sing next Friday! I love you all, my Simptionans!" I blew a kiss at the camera and pressed the end button.

By the time I had finished, all of my stress had been sung out of me. For me, singing was more than a hobby; it was a stress reliever, a way to get all my anger, sadness and love out in only a couple of words with a melody. And, one day, I wanted to make it my career. I just didn't think that day would come so soon.

I'm Ray-Ray Simpson, and this is how I lived my dream. But, this is also the story of how I met him.

I told you all that I'd eventually get around to re-writing this old prologue. I didn't like it, so I'm more happy with this although I'm sure I could have gone longer. I think this should cover it though. =)

PHOTO:

Phoebe Tonkin as Ray-Ray Simpson.

VIDEO:

An amazing cover of A Team by none other than Luke Hemmings and Calum Hood from 5SOS.

EXTERNAL LINK:

The first edition of this prologue. =)

-Meg Queenz