Chapter 21

Perrie

"I'm still pissed at you," Ellie says as she stands outside of the swanky new bar we're meeting at.

"Well, hello to you too," I say laughing at her greeting.

She grabs me and pulls me into a hug. "I can't stay mad at you. It's not your fault you're an idiot. I blame it on you living with Leigh-Anne for so long."

I swear, only my friends.

"I resent that!" Leigh exclaims from behind me. "Maybe her stupid rubbed off on me."

"Not likely," she giggles and I wink at Leigh-Anne.

"Bitches," Leigh grumbles from behind us as we walk on.

We enter the bar and the music squashes the remainder of their argument. It's a beautiful, new building in the fashion district of Manhattan. I heard about it from a client last week and she got us on the list. She claimed it has the best drinks and hottest bartenders, which was all we needed to hear. I wanted to cancel because of the laundry list of things piling up. But they demanded this was not an optional invitation.

I take in the dark purples and blues, its robust color scheme giving a sexy yet elegant feel. I find myself moving my hips to the bass pumping through the room. But the music is so loud we'll never be able to talk.

"Rooftop?" I ask when we notice it has a VIP rooftop bar.

They both nod and we head over to the bouncer who lets us pass with a smile. I'm wearing a black, strapless, tight dress with my hair down, Leigh-Anne's boobs are barely covered, and Ellie's ass is hanging out. I'm shocked—or not. The three of us are dressed to the nines for our last night out.

Once we reach the bar, we find a couch that's open and grab a seat.

"This is nice," I say and pull my legs up under me while pulling my dress down.

"So, since you skated the question before, I'll ask. Why did you go see Zayn after Ellie said you shouldn't?" Leigh asks.

She's got to be kidding me. This is what she wants to talk about tonight? The good mood I was trying to hold on to evaporates.

"The suit never was filed, all is well in the world. Zayn is gone. I think I'm much smarter than you give me credit for." I cross my arms and lean back on the sofa.

"Bitchy much?" Ellie replies and pokes me in the arm.

"Sorry," I say softening my posture. "I'd much rather spend our night not talking about Zayn. Plus, I'm beat."

"Of course you are! You're moving, you got promoted, you had a month to get it all done, and you broke up with Jade. It's been a busy few weeks," she says with sympathy laced in her voice.

This is why I love her. She's the ying to Leigh's yang. When one is hard the other is soft. Good cop/bad cop. But they always seem to tell me what I need to hear. I may not like it, but it's always said with love.

"What are we drinking? It's on me tonight." Ellie smiles and Leigh-Anne whoops, allowing the Zayn subject to drop.

We order our drinks and I opt for a glass of wine. If I drink too much, I'll be asleep in the chair. Leigh-Anne however is taking full advantage of Ellie's offer to pay. They're laughing and I'm mostly laughing at them.

"Are we going to talk about Jade now?" Leigh pipes in.

"Are you trying to piss me off tonight?"

"Better to be pissed off than pissed on," she retorts.

"I'd rather not be either right now," I say, hoping she'll drop this too.