Fifteen [Like You]

R’s P.O.V.

When I got back into my room, I placed the plate of food on the table and went to make my bed. As soon as I got finish making my bed, I sensed that Tremaine was watching me.

He is so sexy, I thought. At that moment, I was glad the he couldn’t read my mind. I sat down on the bed and waited for him to sit with me.

“Feeling better?” I asked him.

“Yes, thank you.”

“Well here’s your breakfast,” I said handing him his plate.

“Thank you,” he said. “I have more questions for you Reign.”

“I know,” I said with a laugh. “But eat first and asks questions later.” He nodded. “I’ll be right back. I have to freshen up also.” I disappeared into my closet.

Even if I were not a mind reader, I would still know that Tremaine’s adores me. It’s written all over his face. When I got back to my bedroom, he had already finished his breakfast. And his thoughts were running wild.

T’s P.O.V.

“Okay,” she said. “Hit me with the first one.”

“Please tell me you didn’t run into town to get this for me,” I said

“That’s not really a question, but no, I did not,” she answered.

“Okay and I suppose you all just happen to have a refrigerator full of food…”

“Actually.... we do,” she laughed, “we have to appear to be humans remember.”

“Did you cook this?” I asked cocking my eyebrows up.

“Yes,” she said with a smile dazzling me.

“What’s it like?” I asked. “What’s what like Tremaine?” She’s stalling, I realized.I gave her a look that said,

“You know what I’m talking about.” She sighed and reluctantly began to answer my question.

“I, well as you already know, I was turned against my will. And I hated having become a blood thirsty monster.” I winced at the harshness in her tone.

“But I don’t think you’re a monster,” I told her trying to make her feel better.

“But I realized that I didn’t have to be a monster. Well not a complete monster. After wasting the first few months of my new life, searching for someone who obviously didn’t love me enough to stay and see what would happen to me, I found a whole new purpose for my existence. I found you, well you found me, and my new family. I can’t go back to a life without either of you in it.”After looking into my eyes for what seemed like an eternity, she continued.“Tremaine, these vampire emotions are crazy by they are awesome at the same time. I am faster, even more beautiful and powerful than before. It’s like being the goddess of the earth. And who would have thought that I would have powers? I can read minds and have visions. But that’s not all. When I’m around you, I feel this like electricity running through my veins.”

Wow I feel like that too, I thought.

“Reign, I want… to be like you…” For a brief moment, she looked pained.

“But you have a choice to live. Though you chose to be like me? Do you have any idea what you are asking me for?” her hand flew to her head. “I shouldn’t have said anything.”

“I… I thought you’d be happier if I were like you,” I said a little hurt there.

“I know, Tremaine. Come here?” I did so obediently. She gently placed my head on her exquisite breast.

“What do you hear?” she asked.After a little while I answered,

“Nothing?” I replied, a few seconds later and wait… I think I heard something.

“Exactly and do you know what that means?” she continued before I could even answer. “That means that I am not living; I simply exist.”

“No Reign, wait! I do hear a heartbeat.” My head still snuggles against her breast. “It’s just really slow, but it’s there.”

Really? I saw the question in her eyes but she continues to try and change my mind. “Are you positive that this is what you want?”

“Yes.” As long as I can be with you.

“When would you like to-”.

“As soon as possible,” I said cutting her off, “the sooner, the better.”

“Jeez,” she looked frustrated, “How bout after your graduation."

“But that’s almost a month away.” I know I sound like a child, but I don’t care.

“Well we don’t want your teachers and friends to notice your disappearance,” she said.

“Ok, well I guess I’ll have to wait then.”

“I guess you do,” she said. “Alright so that settled. Come on let go downstairs.”

“Hold on,” I said grabbing her hand and giving her bedroom eyes. I pulled her close to me, took a deep breathe, and kissed her hungrily. When I pulled back I was gasping for air. Reign smiled and stood up with her hand still in mine and led me out her room and downstairs to her family.

“Hey guys,” I said feeling a little embarrassed by the looks we were getting.