Four [South Africa]

Reign **FB Cont.

I swam across the Arctic Ocean from Greenland to Russia, stopping periodically to hunt. It took me all of two weeks to search every square mile of Europe and Asia. I felt as if I should have be tired, but thankfully I wasn’t. Finally I reached the coast of South Africa…The sun has begun to set and I could not wait to be back on the move. So I stayed hidden in the woods. Finally the sun went down and the shadows freed me enough to move. I got a map of South Africa form a tourist shop, the only thing I needed then was to find a car that I can drive faster than I can run. Almost instantly I spotted a pink and black Lamborghini I thought that was a bit too noticeable and I settled for the black Nissan Maxima sitting next to it. I quickly hot-wired the car and I was off to South Africa.

I searched Musina, Beauty, Barberton, Kroonstad…and without spotting so much as one vampire I began to grow weary of this journey. I missed my sister and maybe even mom and dad but only a little. Being away from them makes me feel incomplete. Well at least being without my little sister make me feel incomplete. So I decided to give her a call. I got her voicemail and seeing as though I hate leaving messages I hung up. She’ll call back later, I can count on that.

South Africa looks pretty small on the map but let me tell you that looks can be pretty deceiving believe that. After searching all over I came to a standstill, I had to go through these pretty elaborate iron gates. From what I could see the entire town has been secluded. As I approached the gates of this Beautiful city called Cape Town—atleast that’s what my map says—two large men confronted me the other stayed behind the glass. Security guards I guessed. I rolled my window down just enough for the guard that came around to my side to see my eyes. And just like that, it seemed as if I had him under a spell.

“Hello,” I said with a dazzling smile.

“…H-h-h-ello,” he stuttered.

“May I enter into your city?”

“Um… yes.” He motions for the others to let me through. His eyes looked like they were about to glaze over.

 Poor man, I smiled to myself.

Cape Town looks like one of those places you read about in a book or see in old movies. This city is absolutely breathtaking. I looked to my map to see if anything stood about, and I noticed this building with a huge clock on it. That must be the city's hall, I thought to myself. I found a place to park, and as soon as I stepped out of the car I spotted the huge historic building. Following the directions on the map, I was at the building in two minutes. Once I walked inside, I was greeted by a “human” receptionist. That's strange because this city/town is full of vampires but I guess they need humans to work as well as provided them with blood.

“Hello, how can I help you?” she asked me.

“I’m not sure; I’m just searching for someone who can help me figure things out.”

“Well you’ve certainly come to the right place,” she picked up her phone then told me “Someone will be here to escort you to the back.”

About five minutes later, I saw a petite female who appeared to be no older than fifteen. Her eyes a darker red than mine, and something about her just made me feel uneasy. I am sure that if I were still human I would be afraid of her. She nodded to me and motioned forme to follow her… and I did. I followed her down a dark hallway and onto an elevator. We got off then entered into these huge double doors, she motioned for me to go in ahead of her.

“The Akia -first born-will see you know,” she announced as I entered.

“ Hello, my dear friend,” said a pale dark-haired man.

“Hello,” I responded.

“I am Kirabo-gift from God.These are my brothers Oratilwe-loved one-and Mugisa-blessing-.And may I ask who you are?”  he asked. Neither of them look anything alike I thought to myself.

“ I am Reign.”

“Well Reign, what can I do for you?”

“Can you help me?” I asked him.

“Sure… may I?” he asks placing a hand just above the top of my head. I gave him a look and suddenly he was in another place. After a while he returned his hand back to his side. “Wow you have been through quite a lot in a short time. But I’m afraid that it’s been months since we’ve seen your missing vampire.”

“Oh,” I say a tear silently trailing my face.

“Perhaps you would consider joining me and my family? I understand that you have some very interesting gifts, some of which you haven’t even discovered yet.”

“I’m not so sure about that at the moment,” I said considering his invitation.

“I will be here waiting if you change your mind,” he said with a smile.

“Why do I suddenly feel like I’m living out The Twilight Saga?” I asked no one in particular.

“I curse the day those books were written!” Kirabo says a little to forcefully. “Please consider my invitation.”

“Thank you,” I say turning to leave.

“Good luck my young friend,” he yelled behind me.

For some reason, I had a feeling that I may never find my missing vampire. But quickly I push that thought out of my mind.