Seven [Home Sweet Forks]

Reign’s P.O.V.

After what felt like a very long time, my crying subsided. Alex clapped happily and hugged me. I hugged her back, laughing tearfully; I felt like I’d known Alex all my life.

Alex returned to her normal self after sometime. With this came a sudden outburst of hyperactivity – I should have seen it coming.

“Hey, Reign!” she bounced excitedly. “I want to introduce you to my family!”

She widened her eyes, hoping and praying that I wouldn’t object. I chuckled and nodded.

“I’d love to meet your family,” I replied. “Where are they?”

“They’re at home,” she grinned mischievously. I raise my eyebrow and look at her, suspecting.

“Where’s home?” I asked, though for some reason, I already knew the answer.

“Forks, Washington!” she exclaimed. “Let’s go!  The sun will set soon.”

I glanced around and found that Alex was right. The bright sunlight was starting to diminish. Wow, it’s amazing how time flies when you’re having fun. I started to gather my things quickly, saving time. Alex, on the other hand, suddenly pulled out a piece of paper. I watched her, curiously, as she began to scrawl on it. She had a far-away look in her eyes. I tried to listen to her thoughts but she was blocking me out with random thoughts of orange dogs and red bulls. She was up to something and not knowing what she was up to was frustrating me. She stopped drawing and put away the piece of paper. I didn’t ask to see it.

Once we’d finished packing up, we headed for the elevator and were soon in the lobby. Tremaine was standing there, waiting for his shift to end. Alex walked to the front desk and handed him the piece of paper. I attempted to use my super-vision to see the paper but Tremaine had already put it away. He looked at me and smiled. I returned the smile and took a mental picture of him. I breathed in deeply, inhaling his scent one last time. He bid us farewell as we left the hotel.

Even though the sun was still up, it was dim enough for us to go out without exposing our true beings. Alex looked at me, and I looked at her.

“You ready to go?” she asked. I nodded. We were on the move.

Alex’s thoughts and my thoughts were swirling around in my head. My anxiety was growing, slowly but surely. Vampire emotions were intense! Unexpectedly, my body became tense as the next image entered my mind.

I was back in the room with the glass windows. There were eight vampires and a little girl. The girl looked like she wasn’t a day over the age of 3. She didn’t seem to be frightened by the presence of the vampires. Alex must have sensed my unease because she looked at me sincerely and said,

“Everything is going to be alright, Reign.”

“I know,” I sigh. Despite her attempts to soothe my nerves, I was still confused. Very confused.

The rest of our journey continued in silence. My train of thought was interrupted by the sound of a wolf howling. I stopped in my tracks, surprising Alex. She made a U-turn and came back to me. Suddenly, a colossal beast came out of the trees. My jaw dropped slightly as I watched this massive wolf come towards us. He had to be an Alpha wolf. He looked at me and growled quietly.

“Relax, Jace. She’s one of us now,” Alex told him.

He didn’t back down, though. He didn’t trust me.

Who are you, bloodsucker?

“My name is Reign,” I responded to his thought.